1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Feels like turbo noise. But not sure please help

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by theblack, Jan 21, 2013.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Recently I've started to notice a faint noise when i press the A pedal and the flow is like this...

when i press the A pedal (gradually) i hear a faint sound.... oooooooo

And when i take my foot off the pedal i can hear it gradually coming down...ooooooooo
    Its really very faint sound that can be heard only if one concentrates ..

(The sound is exactly like a jet engine starting up and shutting down) ;-)

I'm not sure if this noise existed from the beginning or its just that off late i've become too picky about things w.r.t my beauty.
    Either way i've not found any loss of power or turbo.
    There is no evidence of turbo failure (boost build up is smooth and delivery is not jerky at all)..

Is this a problem that I should worry about?

PS : i've done 38,000 and its been 3 years with my beauty
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  2. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    That's the exact sound a colleague noticed when he sat in my car when it was brand new. Asked if I have a jet engine in there :D. Still makes the same noise after a cold start as the engine increases RPM momentarily to arrive at operating temperature. You can relax, but if you want to be worried, you can always look under the carpet to see if you have a lake that's quietly eating away at the footwell...:evil:
  3. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    I guess thats the Turbo spooling in. It exists in my Punto as well and I love listening to it.
    This sound is very heavily noticeable in VOLVO buses :D
    1 person likes this.
  4. Vithal

Vithal

Bangalore
    I too have been noticing it since last couple of months (Mileage 13.5K KMS). It was off for sometime and back again since last month.
  5. It is there in my car too, I notice it especially while parking in the night.it is like "Whoooish" sound.
  6. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Its the turbo spooling sound found in every turbo fitted vehicles. I'm a great fan of this sound and as naveen said this is more prominent in volvo buses. For this sole reason I love to follow volvos ( not tailgating ) with windows down :p @caffeineam As your car is 1.4 emotion pk, there is no chance to hear such sound unless its Tjet.
    1 person likes this.
  7. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    No turbo in mine. It lacks that faint whine though, so in my case its probably just the fan :)
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    The best example for this is the Tata trucks fitted with Cummins engine.
    Also my tata safari makes awesome turbo noise. I simply love it.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    ok.. thanks a lot for all the responses.. Looks like i can continue to smile with pride that there is no issue with my FIAT...
    thanks again.
  10. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    In some sports cars turbo along with blow off valve makes some really superb sounds. :)