1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Feels good to be part of such a community !!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Devesh Paliwal, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Devesh Paliwal

Devesh Paliwal Timido

Delhi-NCR
    Delhi-NCR
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi All,

Myself Devesh, I work for an MNC in Gr Noida (Delhi-NCR).

Last week, I booked Punto 1.3 90HP.
    Earlier I was owning Marutis, but I wat not satisfied by the build quality and safety.

After lot of research on the Internet and friends, I decided to go for FIAT this time.
    And, it feels good....No regrets.

Just to be aware of the correct info, I asked the dealer about their booking cancellation policy (in case such a scenario srises).
    The answer was "Sir, if the vehicle is in stock, then 50% will be refunded, but as the order has been already placed, no amount will be refunded".

May someone from this community provide more info to me on this query....please !!!

Thanks.
    prabhjot, bharath and rishike007 like this.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Hi Devesh

Welcome to the TFI family. Congratulations on booking the Punto. Is this the old Punto or the Punto Evo?

Regarding the cancellation policy, it varies from dealer to dealer. I suppose your query was related to the booking amount right? If so, then the cancellation policy will be mentioned on the booking form, have a look at it. I dont think you have paid the complete amount f the car upfront to the dealer, have you? BTW whats the dealer's name?
    bharath and mchanna like this.
  3. Devesh Paliwal

Devesh Paliwal Timido

Delhi-NCR
    Delhi-NCR
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Dear ghodlur,

Thanks for your reply.
    It is Punto Evo.

I understand what you said, but my point is booking policy should be laid down by FIAT as a company and should not be overwritten by dealers. Otherwise, dealers may play it to their tune.

Yes, I have just paid a token amount but this reply (as I posted in my first post) from the dealer is not very convincing.

Anyways, I have put a query to FIAT as well, let me see what they say.

bye.
  4. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    See bro if you are cancelling due to your mistake,

Then they can forfeit your booking amount,

But in that case too not completely.

If its their mistake ideally they should give your money back,

Plus the interest.

But in any case you can go to the court and ask for complete refund.

See its not them who can make any rule,

They can't dictate over the customer's will.

You can anytime ask for complete refund,

And if you have some links like politicians, DM, etc.

Then you'll get your money in no time.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. Devesh Paliwal

Devesh Paliwal Timido

Delhi-NCR
    Delhi-NCR
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I fully share your point of view.

thanks people.
    we'll remain in touch.
  6. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    BTW why you want to cancel the booking? Any other options or postponed your plan.

You can always delay the delivery if you want to late and the brand is final. But if plan to purchase is dropped the refund can be claimed.

Ask him whether he has placed order and car is already loaded for transportation. Though he will say yes ask him to provide vin no for verification from Fiat.

It will help you in little bit bargain as he will come to know that you are hard nut to crack. Ask him politely about issue of cancellation and will purchase from him only in future.

May be this will help
    prabhjot likes this.