1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Feeling bad....I hit my Punto on rear left

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by harish kotur, Aug 11, 2014.

1. harish kotur

harish kotur Novizio

Namma Bangalore
    bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello Friends,

Today i hit my Punto while taking it out from the parking :(. The rear left portion touched with the pillar. It has got multiple scratches and dents.
    Guys i need your suggestion whether to go with the fiat service and get the insurance claimed or to get it done from outside.

Here are the pics.

DSCN7140.jpg DSCN7136.jpg DSCN7138.jpg DSCN7139.jpg
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Get the quote from both and then decide.

IMO Insurance formula (if to be claimed or not) is if the damage amount is more than atleast by 3-5k on the difference of previous and next year premium, then go for insurance.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  3. harish kotur

harish kotur Novizio

Namma Bangalore
    bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Zenwalker,

This year i have already claimed the insurance for the front wind shield. And the insurance it getting lapsed by early next month.

Guys, please let me know any good body works in Bangalore.

Thanks
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Go to FASC and use insurance again.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Also do note the car shall be in FASS for 2-3 days or more depending on the approval process of Insurance guys. Plus since you already have claimed once in the current year, see if you are eligible for more claims. AFAIK in RS, you get this benefits.

Since i do not see any major dents than its just deep scratches, i would also suggests you to get a quote from outside.
  6. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You have already have claim hence NCB is out of question with next renewal hence better to go with Insurance. Most of the insurance has at-least two claims with zero deprecation. This will be lighter on your pocket. Yes FASS needs at-least three days to complete their job