1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

feel my punto 90hp is underpowerd..low fuel economy too..need help...!!!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by bensam, Nov 23, 2013.

1. bensam

bensam

Cochin
    Punto needs a gud workout...want shed off few kilograms...

guyzzz......i think punto really needs to b lighter to make up for its turbo lag...any idea about weight reduction kits or any other simple way to reduce weight??
    help plsss...
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Weight is not the only thing responsible for turbo lag, its all depends on short gear ratios for first and second gears.

I would say instead of think about reducing weight of the car which is USP of the car (strong tank like build) get your car remapped from Wolf and your purpose will be resolved.

Please visit Italia-Linea's thread for remapp from Wolf Moto.

Sent from my FIAT Grande Punto 90hp
  3. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    There is a simple solution - Keep it in the power band, use the gears. :)

On another note, if you are feeling too much of a lag - get the intercooler hoses checked. They are not the most durable and crack often. The lag in a 100% properly working FIAT Multijet is really well controlled. You only need to drive a Swift diesel to understand what real lag is.

Cheers.
  5. bensam

bensam

Cochin
    thanks guyzz for the info...
  6. bensam

bensam

Cochin
    last day i drove a swift dzire...though its the same 75hp MJD under the hood, man i was amazed how that thing took off...felt a bit more thrust n smoothness while reving up all the way upto 4k...whereas my 90hp can make up for the purpose but feels like bit of a struggle n not as zippy as the dzire...doesnt rev up quick n smooth...n on top of tat fuel economy is around 11-12kmpl under hard acceleration (in city n highway traffic) n on highway only 17-18kmpl (5th gear, 70-80kmph)...wat cud be the possible problem?? havnt driven any other 90hp other than mine, so dnt knw if ders sumthn wrong with my punto....

Dzire was smooth, quicker, and still returned 19-20kmpl under mixed driving conditions...i wudnt be worrying about fuel economy if my 90hp was hell lot of thrust than tat 75hp motor...help plssssss.....
  7. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    Probably Gear R & Transmission is city tuned and matched well as per weight and tyre etc,
    so you feel easy and in lower gears it pushes easily
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Kedar
    there is no any relation between short gear ratio & turbolag. In fact short gear ratio help to minimise turbo lag.
    Short gear ratio means more pulling torque at low RPM ,less accleration but better drivability,less gear changes.
    Tall gear ratio means less pulling torque at low RPM.more maniac acceleration but bad driivability and more gear changes.

@ Bensam,
    Problem of poor torque & bad performance of MJD is due to clogged or bad EGR Valve.
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Ben Sam
    Change your driving style, proper gear slot in proper rpm band, that's it ,you will enjoy this beast and also this is the mjd manthra.
    Initially same feeling here later on the scene changed.
    Do 1000kms of spirited driving.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Check all the turbo hoses. If they are fine then just follow what Ganges said!!