1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Feedback for Sales representative in CAR Showroom & cribbing them.

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by BoseSuman, Aug 9, 2012.

1. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Dear All, After watching multiple Car forum I have experienced that many of us used to crib SA when we went to showroom and asked technical details.

I am sorry if I am offending anyone. But the real Fact it not the same.

We are expecting all intricate technical details from SA, when they are not able to provide the answer we wrote this Car showroom guys are pathetic, company's are pathetic and then we left for other showroom for buying other Car.

This Thread not belongs to FIAT only , it happened to other CAR brand also.

Some Scenario:-
    Some of us after reaching Showroom asked SA about CAR details, they provide basic details, now come to the story.

Customer:- Is this diesel
    SA:- Yes, this is diesel.
    Customer:- What kind of turbocharger it's used
    SA:- 90HP has VGT & 75P has FGT.
    Customer:- how could we get benifit from this 2.
    SA:- VGT has less turbo lag & it will help to run smoothly in City than FGT.
    This much we expected from SA, and we know atleast these information are provided by CAR companies.

But when we again asked them what is turbo lag & how VGT works, how these guys will able to answer.

Normally SA's are general graduate, and trained by companies about basic sales information, how could we expect them to tell functionality of VGT & FGT, or turbolag.

We are so called highly educated people in india, but we think every one should know technical knowledege.

My question:- Ask any mechanical engineer about the type of engines, 75% will fail to answer these basic question. When we studied that time there were no such internet facility to get details of everything , but present condition through google & wiki we will get more information about anything. If we need exact details we can do search and get the information.

We are so impatient that we are expecting details from SA majorly who are general graduate and embarrassed them.

My question to all ( Not only FIAT but for other Brand Car owners too):- are we ready to do this SA job with less salary to provide correct information & better sales for company, I think 98% will say no.

Request you to please share your experience & thought over this topic, and share Your/Your friend's experience over the same.

This thread is not to hurt anyone.
    Just to share how impatient we are now a days & crib/scold others for knowledge when we don't have enough knowledge in our area.
    3 people like this.
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Everywhere, Sales exec are paid xact double the paycheck of what a Service advisor is getting... But nowadays, In most of the places, the fresh graduates are taken into servce who have absolute 0 knowledge about the cars they are selling or taking into service. I personally know of a guy who learnt driving after joining as service advisor :p.
    Ok, leaving that aside, The sales exec who sold me my punto was a knowledgable guy who is onto selling fiats for a long time n knew A<->Z about fiats. Most of the freshers who are taken in are normally put under these experienced guys and are expected to learn from them in a months time which most of them may not due to time constraints or lack of interest mainly. Its them who usualy creates a lasting impression in us like these :
    A TFian recently told me during a meet, that when he went to check out a skoda , the guy in sales told him that in the event of a head on crash, the engine will dismantle itself n fall down to prevent it from entering into the passenger cabin after breaking the dash panel !! I was OMG !! that was a deadly comment, even the sales manager supported the argument of the sales exec, i heard :p.

This is one of my favorite threads in tbhp...comments from dealerships.. i couldnt find the link now.. :)
    2 people like this.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    While there are SA's who have ready and accurate answers to most of the technical questions, it's improper to expect in-depth technical information from everyone.

Good that he didn't say the car itself will dismantle, throwing the passenger into the air.
    1 person likes this.
  4. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Thulasi, Good one.. :D LOL.
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    I recently went to a GM showroom for checking out a Beat Diesel for a friend of mine. I was astonished by the was the Sales Exec was marketing the car. He was telling some facts which even the GM authorities may not be knowing . As I was knowing some reality on the things he was talking about, I kept mum & was enjoying his talk & my friend was astonished to know that the car had so many features :p. The Sales Exec's one of the most interesting comment was GM was supplying diesel engines to Maruthi for the swift & Dzire :eek:. It is ok if the sales exec is not that knowledgeable , but in the same time he shouldn't be giving false info to the customers or misleading them.
    1 person likes this.
  6. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This was about a year back when me & a friend went to a Ford Showroom for having a look at the Figo.
    To my surprise, i was told that Ford India has conducted a survey & found that Indian car users do not use rear power windows & fog lamps!
    Come On, give me a break!

This was a very faithful attempt at hiding the LACK OF FEATURES in a product.
    I opine, correct information should be provided. If not, at least they can deny saying, we will check & let you know instead of providing the wrong info.
  7. Sorry for cross posting, but I had read in another forum that Fiat and GM had built the 1.3MJD together. Maybe that's what the exec meant.

Source : Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review - Team-BHP
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Sanjeev yes FIAT & GM together has developed the 1.3 MJD & GM doesnt need any approval from FIAT for introducing 1.3 MJD engines in GM cars. Even FIAT was not supplying engines earlier to Maruthi. DDiS engines were made in Manesar plant & they were using FIAT patented technology & surely for each engines FIATs were paid. But starting for Jan 2012 FIAT needs to supply 1 lakh engines directly to Maruthi Suzuki as per their new agreement. Even if the exec has meant so, he shouldnt have told that in such a way. You can vey well understand how much difference it makes Developed - sold :confused.
  9. Absolutely..the executive had some half baked info
    which he twisted to his advantage :)
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    BoseSuman, I agree with you. Not just with the car dealerships, this phenomenon is experienced by almost everyone.Whether it's a doctor sitting in his OPD, a sales man at an electronics store or a computer hardware vendor that sells and assembles PCs.

Regarding pathetic experience, I believe many people have faced this situation where some sales men were gossiping or busy doing nothing and the customer wasn't attended to at all for certain period. I have noticed that one is more likely to be left unattended in a TATA showroom as compared to a Hyundai showroom. I have never been left unattended in a Ford showroom.

Second is the ability to commit to deliver a car with the full satisfaction of the customer. Typically, a TATA sales person will surely screw it one way or the other.