1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Feb Delhi Meet-Report, Pictures & Video : Pg 23

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by Cubbie, Jan 25, 2011.

1. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Re: TFI Delhi Meet - Report Page 23 onwards

Video Coming very very soon.........just finishing it now.
  2. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi

waiting for videos...
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    RIDERS ON THE STORM

RIDERS ON THE STORM

February 12th, 2011
    Venue: Delhi (BADE DILWALON KI DILLI)
    Time: 8:00am

Well, I have never written a report on such a topic but here is my attempt to highlight the events during the TFI meet in Delhi on 12th Feb 2011

I land at the ISBT. Got a call from Vijayant sir that he is nearby. Rendezvous at the Metro station was easy as all I had to do was to look for a beautiful car (read-Italian FIAT) amongst n number of normal cars.
    We head straight for India Gate and reach there to find 3 cars standing by the roadside. In the front was an Exotica Red Punto just followed by a White Punto with a clod stare like that of a tiger. The angel eyes with smoked headlamps were clearly giving this car a character from a distance. A Hip-Hop black Punto was parked behind it.
    We park near those cars and were greeted by FIATians (Prashanth, Phew and NKapoor). Soon, other cars (all Punto) started converging from all sides.

All Punto and no Linea till then.

The following Punto owners were present:

Harish (Cubbie) & his better half,
    Prashant Chugh,
    Vijayant Bharadwaj (AXN),
    Jasveer (Phew),
    Nitin Kapoor,
    Yashik Bansal (PaddleShifter),
    Karan Sharma,
    Nitin Kumar,
    Dilip (Dilip_DMK),
    Varoon,

Now, we were waiting for the Linea guys to arrive at the scene. Just then, I saw a car in Sun Beam Beige with big alloys taking a turn to enter the road to the India Gate. This car showed its power as it made a dash towards our group. It was something special. It was a JET with 16 inch FIAT alloys and had lots of bass.
    It crossed us and without doubt, a look at the Man United crest at its rear windscreen confirmed that Ansal has joined the party.

Moments later, a Flamence Red Linea arrived with 2 guys.

So the gang was complete: :dancing

All the Punto guys above+
    Ansal
    Vinay Rathore and his friend (sorry mate but I forgot your name). ::pP

This is the first time I have attended such a meet. It was awesome. ::T

PHASE-I (Photo session at India Gate)

Now, there were 2 attention seeking machines:
    1. Bossa Nova White Punto of Phew- It has smoked headlamps with projectors, angel eyes, smoked area on tail lights, 205/55/R15 tyres.

2. SSB T-JET of Ansal- I don't want to waste 2 pages for enumerating all the stuff he has added. Visit his 55 page thread to see the details.

It was already around 9am and the members had lots of discussions regarding various aspects of their cars.
    A photoshoot of the FIATs and TFI members took place and by around 10am, it was decided that the phase-I is over and we need to move to stage-II.
    Stage-I attracted the attention of lots of people (both local+foreign tourist) who were amazed to see so many Fiats parked side by side with a bunch of enthusiastic owners discussing the cars and clicking photos. Most of the part of the road was blocked for photo session. :)

PHASE-II (FE run)

Now, it was time to go to Damdama lake which is around 50-55Km from India Gate. Everyone at the meet was requested to reset either Trip-A or Trip-B of their cars and the idea was to have a FE run competition while going to the lake. ODO readings were noted down and trip meter were reset. Varoon had some work and thus had to bid farewell to others and leave. Vijayant sir volunteered to lead the group and we started out for the lake.

Its hard to keep T-JET under control and Ansal came out in the front only to enter some other road based on input (for shorter route) from his GPS Navigator of the T-JET.
    Some of us couldn't keep up (lots of traffic+traffic lights) so it was decided that all will assemble just post the Gurgaon toll.

NKapoor however did not stop at this place and thus we were left with a group of 9 cars. Time to continue the journey and I decided to accompany Ansal and his J-JET. We started at the back as we wanted to make a video of other FIAT cars on the road.

First surprise. FE of Ansal's car was 17.3kmpl at this point. Excellent figures for the T-JET. :car

Now, one by one we crossed all other cars while the FE still hovered between 16-17kmpl under moderate acceleration.
    Now, comes the best part of the Stage-II.

GONE in 10 SECONDS.

Ansal pressed the accelerator once to overtake a Honda City and the thrill was too much. Watching my excitement, well the FE competition was forgotten and Ansal pressed the accelerator. The T-JET was putting every car to dust and those 10 seconds were like that transporter movie when it touched 100kmph from 0. :mrgreen:

There was a lot of G-Force to handle and it was making me excited as well as scared. lol, Ansal saw me with folded arms and thought I am feeling cold and set the Automatic climate control to a higher temperature. :lol:
    Nitin Kapoor had not stopped at the Gurgaon toll booth and must have been at least 3-4 Kms ahead of us but the T-JET caught it in no time.
    He further floored the JET and it touched 140kmph in no time only to slow down to traffic ahead.

Anyways, all of us reached Damdama lake by around 12:30pm-1pm and the winner of the FE run was declared (Thanks to Ansal's jet that I forgot but I think it was Nitin Kapoor). :hit

STAGE-III (Lunch+photo session+ visit to the lakeside)

Now, everyone gathered in a resort nearby for lunch and photo session. After a small photo session, all headed down into the resort for lunch (being led by me who had just eaten a burger in the past 14 hours).

Few of us had beers while 3-4 of us just had Pepsi. Next we had our lunch which was the best part of Stage-III for me (being so hungry).

After having a good lunch, we headed down to see the lake (or the pond thats called a lake). Vinay Rathore and his friend left left at this point as they had a function to attend to. We walked down on its "beach" to the far end side of the lake where we had lots of fun discussing driving pattern of a few people plus other cars.

I have never laughed :evilsmile so much before. Special credits to Nitin Kumar, Karan and Jasveer.

Now, we came back for a cup of tea after which everyone left for their homes. For a good 10-15Kms all the FIATs were together flashing their indicators with headlights and fog lamps glowing in the daytime.

Man United derby match forced Nitin Kapoor and Ansal to break the formation and sprint ahead while Karan sprinted to follow Ansal's T-JET.

Vijayant sir dropped me at the ISBT at around 6pm from where I boarded a bus to Chandigarh.

SPECIAL THANKS: Vijayant sir for picking and dropping me from the airport. Ansal for giving me the feel of the G-forces of a

civilian jet.

BIG THANKS to all the members who came to the meet. Cubbie for starting the meet, Cubbie's better half, NKapoor, Karan Sharma, Vinay Rathore, his friend, Dilip, Prashant, Varoon, Nitin Kumar, Jasveer. Hope I haven't missed anyone.

Two more photos from Cubbie's collection.
    [attachment=1:2zddg8d7]DSC_7352.JPG[/attachment:2zddg8d7]
    [attachment=0:2zddg8d7]DSC_7389.JPG[/attachment:2zddg8d7]

DSC_7389.JPG

DSC_7352.JPG
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Re: RIDERS ON THE STORM

The Riders on the Storm Report was marvellous. Reading it brought all the memories back, i know it was only yesterday but it still made me go through those moments together.

This "Riders on the Storm" report deserves a Video. And here it comes.....!!!!!
  5. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    Re: RIDERS ON THE STORM

PS, doctor saab bahot vadiya likhya hai. hamnein itna kuch kiya that wahan. Time actually just flew like anything during the meet.
    and you are welcome my frnd. You took so much of trouble travelling all night just to meet, it was the smallest thing we delhite could do for you.

Ansal, waiting for your video frnd since you tempted to post very very soon.
  6. Re: TFI Delhi Meet - Report Page 23 onwards

Nice report Yashik.
    Hats off to the guys who attended the Delhi meet. Every other minute there is a post made in this thread. Great impact of the meet.
  7. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Finished Editing the Video. Just Uploading the Vidoe Now on YouTube and then will Embed the Link ASAP.
  8. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore

[attachment=2:23o4k4v3]DSC_7351.JPG[/attachment:23o4k4v3][attachment=13:23o4k4v3]DSC_7310.JPG[/attachment:23o4k4v3][attachment=14:23o4k4v3]DSC_7308.JPG[/attachment:23o4k4v3]Yashik (aka Paddleshifter) - Nice report.

My story -- Finished office early and started towards home to pick my other half (better half is my car ::V )
    she was ready, bags packed, bottle of water and nothing to eat !!! (See my size)
    we left transport nagar (worst area of Jaipur that connects to Delhi highway) had plans to take the Ajmer-Delhi bypass, but skipped my mind and took the the direction towards Transport Nagar (This part of the city is being improvised with flyover etc and its Men@Work.

By the time I hit proper highway, it was 6.30pm and, the ODO read 1001 KMS ::T Stopped for a quick snap

Then hit the accelerator only to be slow down at Behror, Kotputli & Rewari/ Manesar, thus took me 6.5 hrs to reach the hotel in DLF Ph2 Gurgaon.. Tired to the core and no lunch / dinner... my wife bugging me all the time if its really worth to travel all the way to delhi and i must be crazy :A

I had all the hopes that we would be talking differently the next nite and we did ::T thx TFI'ians to make it to the meet. and believe me, she started going thru the TFI blog !!!! this should explain the Fiat Fever...she is now a real Fan !! ::T

As the we had to reach at 8.00am, and I usually never miss on time, kept the alarm for 6.00am, and as it was already 1.00am in th nite, managed 5 hours of sleep and got ready by 6.45 & left, had not eaten for last 18 off hours, & was told breakfast would stat off at 7.00, skipped the idea and got back the wheel and started off towards DILLI :wow

Followed NKapoor's suggestion to keep straight and take a left (or right might have missed) at T Junction, took a wrong turn obviously lost all hopes to reach Indya Gate as it was leading me to all th CGW scammed buildings and asked one lady who was busy sweeping the footpath she exclamined "app tho galat road aagaye" just when I remembered a dialogue from movie Swadesh, ""Mode Galat Nahi hote, Aadmi Galat Hota Hai""
    took the directions, got to India Gate, and travelled around in a semi circle to reach the Parking Lot.

7.45am - No One
    7.50am - Dilip in his Red Beauty, he called few numbers and spoke to 2-3 members and confirmed that I arrived and others would join.
    Rest of the story ... Yashik has written.... :dancing

Yashik - Very thoughtful, thanks for the Burgers mate!! :drinks

Some Snaps and these you have seen already, tried to make it bit more interesting...comments awaited pls !!

DSC_7308.JPG

DSC_7310.JPG

DSC_7326.JPG

DSC_7331.JPG

DSC_7332.JPG

DSC_7366.JPG

IMG_0511.JPG

DSC_7372.JPG

IMG_0516.JPG

IMG_0520.JPG

DSC_7370.JPG

DSC_7330.JPG

DSC_7351.JPG

DSC_7347.JPG

DSC_7354.JPG
  9. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi

@Cubbie,

GR8 pics man. and good to read your part of story.

and in your wife , we have a convert now.

let us wait for the next family meet, maybe we start getting less scolding then on.
  10. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

yes mates, we should plan for a family meet. Frankly speaking, I don't want to be on the toss at home.... you got what I am trying to say.