1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FCA sales in the rest of the world, esp USA, Europe and Middle East, Brazil

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by prabhjot, Feb 4, 2015.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    https://www.allpar.com/forums/threads/an-jeep-leads-brand-growth-in-europe.159555/

European car sales are growing again, after 4-5 years of sales declines, FCA growing better than most!

Already safe to say the Jeep Renegade, and very likely its sibling the just-available Fiat 500X, is a hit in Europe. They are built on the same line in the same plant in Italy, and share most components and modules, including powertrains. The Renegade will later in the year start getting produced in the giant new, state-of-the-art plant in N E Brazil.

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2015/02/renegade-hot-in-europe
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    FCA grew around 6% year-0n-year in the US, its 60th continuous month of sales AND market-share growth, despite feb '14 being a notably bumper month last year, and despite the sales losses caused by the severe large snow-stormy weather in large parts of the US and Canada in feb '15. Several of their nameplates had their best EVER february sales. Sales of the Ram-badged Fiat vans (the Promaster series) were up a lot, as were sales of the Fiat 500L.

FCA grew 12 odd % in Italy, year-on-year, and actually picked up some slight overall marketshare in their 'home market', though arguably Brazil and/or the US are equal-home-markets, it would seem clear.
    GirishRaghu likes this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    FCA up 10% in Mexico for Feb 2015 relative to Feb 2014, with re-badged as Dodge Mitsubishi Attrage and the Brazilian Fiat Grand Sienna.

FCA up about 6% in Australia in feb 2015 year-on-year, all thanks to Jeep's roaring and rising popularity.

Brazil's car and commercial vehicles market is in recession (down 25%+ year on year), FCA sales are suffering a bit, though less than others, their market share remains by far no.1
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 7, 2015 ---
    FCA up a bit in Turkey, where it already has a good position, the Linea is still selling pretty hot.

FCA up 4% and the Fiat brand up 7% in France. Good demand for Jeeps.
    FCA as a whole up as much as 26% year on year in Spain.
    FCA up 4% in feb 2015 or so in the UK, following on from a stellar high growth 2014 (mainly 500 and the 500L)
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
    VIJENDRA SINGH and asimpleson like this.
  4. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    lets see when FCA will report the same sales in india.

"FCA as a whole up as much as 26% year on year in india":D may be in 2016.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    http://allparnews.com/index.php/201...nails-60-months-with-chrysler-200-surge-28254

Five full years of month-on-month sales AND marketshare growth for FCA in the US under Marchionne, the rare celebrity-hero-CEO who actually is a genius, and under John Elkann/Agnelli as Chairman.:cool::cigar:

Does the genius apply to India too? Nope! :blackeye:

Not until the Jeep-centric approach is fully rolled-out here, as is the vicarious revenues/profits via Tata+Maruti Suzuki. Whither the 'Fiat' brand in India in the very large and exciting, growing galaxy of FCA under Marchionne? :(:watching:
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Prabhjot, we will see if the product lineup "Jeep" could be a game changer. Not that it isn't exciting, but the systemic challenges and changes within FIAT or FCA India is what interests mostly, at-least for meself. :)

You got to get your image to be that of a serious player, long-term contender for the common man to never question your policy and motives in India. Makes that much more easier for the pundits to bash it further and will kill even the best product offerings in their portfolio even at right prices. Time is of essence, nothing that can be done for what's gone, but where are the indicators yet that Fiat finally is serious about the Indian market. Where is that one hyped product that could make the industry and common people to sit and take note of the event. Even Ford manages to create a buzz, although ground reality with long-term product success remains questionable as always. But hype they manage well and sell they do, at-least in the beginning stages and quite often cannot hold ground to upcoming competition product offerings, eventually loosing the steam.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @asimpleson

There is a lot of money waiting to be lost in this marketplace, and so I wouldn't hanker after the 'hyped' 'new' product. They did launch the Avventura and imo they even half-successfully 'hyped' it, to little avail.

They will build credibility by calling a press conference and clearly enunciating plans for Jeep and for Fiat, with timelines, like they did 2 years ago under Enrico (and Manley).

The fact that they're in fact silent on Fiat-brand plans, despite a new MD, tells me they're just going to do nothing beyond the t-jet launches. Which may be right since if I were in their place, I'd make Fiat in India piggy-back on the Jeep rollout (esp of local manufacture), so that by 2018 Fiat focusses entirely on CUV-s, from the promised b-suv (the real Avventura?) to the 500X, the 500L and the rumoured bigger-than-500X twin of the to-be made-in-India Jeep C-Suv. Same engines, same platform, good (guaranteed?) export possibilities.

Other than the potential of the Abarth Punto and possibly the terrific Avventura, I am afraid they're down-and-out in the sedan and hatch market! Strange and hard-to-understand but true. The brand equity domination of MS, HY and H (with Toyota lurking too) is near-total, even if the 'Fiat' name did not have this strangely persistent/lingering negative-equity in the wider car baazar.

Even the dealers/FASS setup will have to be curtailed and in many places outsourced, and instead focussed like Jeep by 2017-18 on the biggest say 20-25 cities? Selling Rs.10 lakh+ CUV-s + Abarth only?
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    If the entity is same i.e. 'FCA'; maintaining, seeding, nurturing those dealerships even for Jeep will need continuous refreshment of product launches or offerings in mass-market products. Maybe JEEP is a great thing, but Fiat needs to be accepted on its own rather than just piggy-backing on the "JEEP" roll out. I mean its their core technology (prowess?) which has traditionally managed to trickle down in the mass-market vehicles. The more for less cars (in terms of engineering and material value) which they have managed always to launch in India. Although I am sure this statement would be regarded by some as a highly subjective one. Pardon my ignorance here, but how exactly are we expecting "Abarth" to be something different in terms of sales potential and better market acceptance; i.e. liked by all but only to be bought by some (real car/sports enthusiasts)?

Curtailing dealership and outsourcing SCs is not what common people will see as a promising thing. In fact it is going to be a big negative from the sales perspective. A steady game changing strategy with small and big product launches more sooner than the already delaying timeline will be needed. Sort of a drastic strategy.

The 'hype' also means real interest for a 'great product' which could really be the talk among prospective car buying public. That half-successful means even less if people fail to recognize and/or acknowledge a product existence. "Ah yes I have seen it, what's it called btw?" "Haven't seen many of those" "Ah the face-lifted Linea, hardly ever seen on roads" -- That's how people in Mumbai at-least react to newly launched Fiat products.

I'm tellin' ya, them executives at Fiat need to do a lot more good in the marketplace, and make sure that at minimum there is buzz enough for people to take some serious note of these products.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Up a lot in March 2015, and much better than the market-as-a-whole, in Mexico, Italy, Spain and France.
    The Italian car market's rebounding: the Panda, the 500, the 500L, the 500X and Jeep Renegade, even the bigger Jeeps...selling real well (better than market overall) again. The Punto and Alfa Giulietta down, though: age telling, i guess.

#1 in Canada, and gained marketshare: Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge.

Both the Renegade and especially the 500X in Italy+Spain+France promise to be good-to-great sales hits in the US and Europe. The 500 remains and the 500L now is an outright hit pretty much all over Europe, but esp the UK, Spain, France and Italy. Toppers in their respective segments.

Just the locally made in China Fiat-badged Viaggio and Ottimo (FCA also has pretty big sales of full-imports there) sell 4-5 times as much as Fiats sell here. And they are puny players there too, with just 2 cars, and a brand-new one at that. :wacky:

Heck even in Japan FCA sold 18700 fully-imported cars (Jeep is increasingly popular in Japan it seems, to go with the Fiat 500, Ferrari, Maserati) compared to 10000-12000 odd in India.:sour:

detailed stats on www.carsitaly.com, a fantastic, resourceful site.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 3, 2015 ---
    @asimpleson

You are right, of course.

I was just thinking radically, and pessimistically, given what I am assuming to be tremendous discounting of Fiat-brand sales potential (mass market) here by FCA HQ, and given Marchionne's recent comments about sharing engines, mergers etc as a better way to make money in emerging and developed markets. Also, given what I am assuming are big investments for Jeep (remember: also for exports out of India, and engines to be shared with Tata's next-gen suv-s)??

You don't think a purely C2 to D2 segment re-orientation, focussed on the likes of ckd/part-localized 500 X/L + new 500 5-door punto-replacement + new localized b-suv (real Avventura)+ localized Abarth Punto, focussed on the biggest and best say 20-25 city-markets has a better chance of long term profitable success, than the mass market (B1 to C2)? Plus Jeep, of course?

From premium-within-mass to outright premium/luxury prices and positioning? i.e., like they're positioning FCA cars in Europe and China, rather than say Brazil. Sort-of like Skoda is positioned in India, only with a wider, better-styled, and more CUV/SUV-centric approach?

These cars I am suggesting are it seems based off the same platform, have similar architectures, and powertrains too, so considerable localization should be possible, given the need for economies of scale, also much better export volumes, which are OF THE ESSENCE? Just speculating, sitting on my Fiatfan armchair, wish i had access to their costing excel sheets!

I wish they'd decide and plan, and call a press conference and make open promises. Either way.

They MUST, soon, else 'Fiat', rather than FCA or Jeep, credibility will wane (further) even among business journalists let alone automags, let alone in the car baazar. No?
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    asimpleson likes this.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes those promises could be good for the forum and also for those competitors looking a Fiat's plans like 2-5yrs in advance to prepare in advance. :p
    I think not a problem if they could offer a surprise, a pleasant one which the market could see as 'finally' something the average Indian car buyer could not ignore to begin with. Yet something seems awfully wrong about the way sales and dealerships and entire product launches are being handled.
    prabhjot likes this.