1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fayad here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Fayad, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
    Thank you all for the warm welcome :)
    Yes I too feel the same, diesel and petrol will be priced almost same in ~2years.
    Thanks, btw are you also a linux admin?
    Annual running would be around 15k kms, With the current prices(de-regulated) I will be recovering the extra diesel cost in about 4-5years.
    Its a BNW Emotion.
    Yes, will be doing the PDI tomorrow.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Not by professional. By personal, @ home not an expert :)
  3. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
    Just did the PDI, the VIN suggests its September 2012, Its not a problem right?

I'm getting parking sensors as free accessories, but I dint quite like it as the sensors are black and car is white.

great :)
  4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Are the parking sensors always black? Can't they be painted to body colour? I am going to get a White Linea with Parking sensors.
  5. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
    FIAT OEM parking sensors comes in black only and they wont work if you paint them. Else you can get white ones from outside, for 2-3k.
  6. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Hi Fayad,

Welcome to TFI.

Even i have the same Sept 2012 made Punto(Dynamic). No worries at all. Just ensure the PDI is done properly. Do check the PDI thread on TFI.

I dont think Fiat provides OEM RPS for Punto. For linea yes they do provide it as part of Absolute edition pack.
    So under such scenario it is aftermarket RPS for you provided free by the dealer. Even i got the Red Soul RPS( paid some extra to get the distance indicator on IRVM.) and it was black sensors. I was told the sensitivity of the RPS goes down if you paint it white :) though i was not convinced i didnt say anything and let it be the same. I dont mind the sensors being in black color.

Now i have a linea 2011 model for which i was given RPS with distance indicator on IRVM but painted in body color free of cost by Concorde Kochi. Till date nothing has happened and in my experience its quite accurate on the linea...
  7. nithin.v

nithin.v Amatore

Welcome to TFI Fayad.. 90 hp or 75h hp
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  8. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I think it is OK to be painted.
    I found this PDF from net, describes painting procedure by a sensor maker.
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Fayad..Welcome
  10. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
    Hi Paul,

Thanks for the welcome :) When did you get your car?

He showed me the box having the fiat logo and said it was OEM and has warranty. It has only a buzzer and no display in IRVM. May be it was linea's, but I hope that doesnt matter. There is another aftermarket RPS with white sensors and comes a bigger IRVM and display in it. Having used both, how do you rate it, which one to go for? Also you cant use the day-night mirror if you get the one with IRVM, right?
    So are you saying that you can paint it?
    Hi Nithin, Thank you!its 76hp
    Hi limraj, Thanks for the pdf. Wondering why the dealer told it cant be painted. May be its warranty would be void or they dont want paint it also, anyway they are giving it for free.
    Hi Surya,

Thank you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.