1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Faulty Repairwork by Workshop..Shud I Complain to FIAT?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by onlymakarand, Nov 18, 2011.

1. onlymakarand

onlymakarand Amatore

Bhusawal
    Hi Guys!!

Had a really embarrassing moment with my linea when during a drive,the left rear quarter glass just fell off!!:evil:

My Linea had an accident last year,following which,the rear 3rd of the car was completely replaced by the TATA-FIAT ASS...but I had no idea that they would do such a sub-standard work during repair...In addition,the right rear power window cable has slipped and the window is jammed!!:eek:

I hv lodged a complaint with the local guys but should I also report it to Fiat India so that in future they take more care whilst repairing cars??

Here's the snap- DSC00088.jpg
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I would suggest reporting this to Fiat with proper details.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Thats atrocious, glass falling of could have been dangerous to others driving on road.
    Incidents like this scares hell out of me.. ..
  4. I too am facing a similar situation. I met with a small accident with my punto in april. during the repairs, the rear left door was completely repaired. This was done back in May. Now 95% of the times, i drive alone. And for the few times that i am travelling with friends, rarely do the windows get opened. During a trip out of town with friends in august, i noticed that if the glass of that door is down and then the door is shut, window glass vibrates voilently and makes large noise like some kind of rubber insulation is missing. I couldn't get time to go to FIAT workshop to get this checked out. Last week was the 3rd service of my car and i instructed SA to get this checked. Turns out that the workshop guys forgot to put in some kind of clips inside. To my shock, he said that these clips cost 1500 bucks and i can't get them replaced under warranty. I should take this to the workshop guys and ask them to fix it. (I got both the jobs done via Pandit Auto only). In pune, the workshop and Service center are located at very different locations for this very dealer.

This is really shabby work on part of Pandit auto. What now concerns me is that the workshop guys will say its been a long time since repairs and fail to address the issue. Should i contact fiat regarding this?
  5. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Why not ? Also email them the copy of the invoice.
  6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    The mechs in TASS are too lenient. i got my rack changed in wasan, kandivly, mumbai.I felt vibration in my steering .I took he car next day the mechanics located the fault to a loose nut.Sad how can they can leave a loose nut, its risky.They told me that the vehicle was test driven twice.Either they were deaf or don't care that they didn't see/hear the problem/noise during test drive. Really sad.
  7. onlymakarand

onlymakarand Amatore

Bhusawal
    these clearly are instances of tata mechs giving step motherly treatment to fiat prods, which is bringing disrepute to already struggling fiat.. but the sad thing is we,who r staunch fiat supporters are the ones to suffer :-( ..sadly noone at fiat India seems to take note..
  8. mindsipn

mindsipn

Bangalore
    Please report this to the Fiat Higher Management in Pune. You can get in touch with either Aashish.Bhardwaj@fiat.com or Mr Mangesh Kodalkar. I got in touch with Mr Mangesh when my AC blew off after two weeks of delivery and there was no spare available. He did give a prompt reply to my email.
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    These TASS guys guys are not doing justice to lovely FIAT cars.fiat should invest in exclusive service station or keep exclusive mechanics in TASS who only looks into Fiat cars.This would surely revive sales of fiat cars in India.
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    No use. Bogus Tata guys never do good works of fiat cars. They did not solved my problem of coolent loss in warrantee period. Finally I sold out my car