1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Faulty Fuse carrier of my Linea costing Rs.15000.

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by jaisha8, Oct 1, 2012.

1. jaisha8

I had delivered my Fiat Linea KL-08-AQ-4567 to Hyson Motors, Thrissur on 25[SUP]th[/SUP] September 2012 with the complaint of clutch not engaging while changing gear and also very low pick-up. The car was kept for one day and returned to me on 26[SUP]th[/SUP] September 2012 after rectification. But when I arrived home, the electronic remote key was not functioning; all the information on the driver panel was changed; like the dates was showing year 2005. I immediately informed the Service adviser. In the evening I received a call from Hyson motors to know the performance of the car and I informed them about these as well.
    On 28[SUP]th[/SUP] I had gone to a hospital with my wife and while returning at 11.00 am the car wouldn’t start at all. I tried several means, but with no luck. I informed the roadside assistance and they arrived at 5.00 pm and even they couldn’t start the car and it had to be towed to Hyson motors. A car from a world class manufacturer and to see it being towed away was really heart breaking. On 29[SUP]th[/SUP] afternoon the SA called and informed me that it was battery complaint and I will need to replace the battery. I advised him to double-check and confirm before I buy a new battery.
    On 30[SUP]th[/SUP] afternoon, I get a call from the SA informing that they detect a complaint in the Fuse Carrier assembly and as I do not have extended warranty I will have to replace it at my cost which he quoted approximately Rs.15000/-.
    My car is only 3.5 years old and run nearly 17000 kilometers only. I have had a Ford Ikon for 10 years, Tavera since last 5 years, Linea and a VW Polo since 1.5 years. None of these other 3 cars ever had this problem. How come the fuse carrier gets faulty in just 3.5 years and is this common problem with Fiat Linea. Has any other owner faced a similar problem?
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

I doubt it was faulty when you sent car for repairs. They must have damaged it while working on clutch.
    Which fuse box is damaged the one in engine compartment or the one below steering wheel where OBD port is.
  3. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Write to fiat about this....to Mangesh...he promptly replies..directly complain to FIAT if your delear does not agree...

Sometimes these TASS guyz are absolute non-sense...
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

you should go there and tell them to replace the battery in front of you and check whether everything ok and then check the fuse box of any tampering/damage.Most probably its ur battery issues since ur car is more than 3.5 years old and u have exhausted ur battery life..