1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

False Information keeps repeating all the time

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

We have both i20 Crdi (six speed) and GP 76 HP ( my babe) in our family. Agree here that i20 Diesel hardly sounds like an oil burner! I had taken it once to 160+ on expressway and it still had quite some breath left in it. The acceleration in the i20 is just fantastic! Overtaking is fun! But due to its wallowy nature of ride and almost dead steering I feel the i20 is better off cruising at 110-120km/h on our highways in the sixth gear (on open roads).
    So far I have got only one chance to take my Punto on expressway to Mumbai. I could quite easily touch 130 km/h but since the car had only 1500km on the odo back then, I tried not to go beyond 130. But the composure of Punto was excellent. I was much more relaxed in GP than in the i20 and therefore could enjoy the drive more. :)
    Ofcourse the mighty 90 (HP) will be better here!
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
    2 people like this.
  2. dharmesh

dharmesh

mumbai
    The question here is not whether I20 can cruise at higher speeds or not, but the comment made by GTO of MJD loosing breath at 130-140. I can rest assure that in Jan 2012 I went to Nagpur in my PUNTO and Nagpur-Amravati expressway is bliss to drive on. My wife's uncle (Mama) drove car for good amount of distance at constant speed of 140 Kph and we were 5 on board at that time.
  3. Teky,

Try getting your Punto's EGR,MAF and inter-cooler cleaned and with new airfilter and see how is the acceleration and top speed.
    -Sat
    1 person likes this.
  4. praful

praful

Bangalore
    Just wanted to add to this thread, the i20 crdi I think makes more power at the top of the power band. Earlier this year while driving from Bangalore to Belguam on the 75HP Punto had head to head session with the i20.

Both cars had 3 people and windows were rolled up, I was on 130 ish with the pedal pinned to the floor, but the i20 still was managing to inch away. But at sub 100 kmph speeds I found it be on par.

I can't comment about the i20's handling since I've never driven it, but I definitely think that the i20 will outrun a 75hp Punto on highways. Dunno about the 90 Hp Puntos!

PS: This is all on straight flat out roads of NH4.
  5. This is not about i20 being powerful or not but MJD running out of steam at 140 kmph.actaully i brought Punto after driving for 50 kms and touch 160 kmph.
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    When I meant cruising it's about flat out roads and with the amount of traffic we've in India, no one's going to drive flat-out at 160.

If you're happy then I'm fine - I just wanted to pen down my experience more so overshadowed after getting the GTX in my garage. More power is always welcome in the Punto.

Will try and do that sometime and will report back Sat-Chit-ananda
  7. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

@Sat - leave it buddy. there is no use what ever noise we make. Its all just good business :)

I havn't driven an I20 CRDI till now. But it should be a decent high way cruiser and may leave a 90HP on a dead straight road if driven by an expert. but i don't think a 75 HP should be compared with a 90HP car.
    1 person likes this.
  8. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    My take on this..

I have a 2012 Punto...

120 is a breeze...140 is easy..I go up to 160 very often provided open roads are available and I have hit 170...and car stiil feels rock solid...and mind u all this with 4 or 5 ppl on board..never single..and all these car occupants are doing their own stuff chatting etc

I have driven i20 extensively as well..once in power zone it accelrates faster than Punto but beyond 130 ...steering is so light..and the same occupants start seeing speedometer...and suspension becomes a lot bouncier....I have taken it to around 170 as well..but no way its close to the secure feeling as Punto and its so stable...

I will pick Punto any day...
    beat

If u take i20 then u shud actually take Punto 90 hp..which I'm sure will i20 beat Punto hands down..
    2 people like this.
  9. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    what about the opinion of team-bhp people that new swift is better in handling than that of Punto?!! is it true?
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    This talk about MJD and non MJD is just BULLSHIT...
    Not too long ago i had posted about an article in "AUTOCAR" magazine where Narain Karthekeyan was asked to TD and select the best "Performance car of the year".

I was shocked to see that there was no FIAT there at all..
    I mean please for god sake these idiots in the media business should have some sense before then even compare anything...

I see that cars like etios were compared against BMWs. Its plain stupidity ..
    That's when i realised that if i pay good amount of money to people at AUTOCAR and guys like GTO, they will even rate maruthi 800 to be faster than a BMW 3 series... So just chuck the deatils..

This TBhp thing has really started to irritiate me a lot ... So much that if i start describing certin things that they write about cars (not only FIAT) i will be thrown out of TFI for being really really foul ....

The less people there are to buy FIATs the more exclusive we become!!...

This is my motto and i've stopped fighting for what FIAT rightfully needs to get and move on...
    Let ppl complain about what they want and all it takes for me is to ask them to sit in my car and THEN , I WILL HAVE THE LAST LAUGH .

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Yes I have an opinion on that...
    :evilsmile:evilsmile:evilsmile :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

when there are 100s of customers suing maruthi for faulty brakes and that it wont stop properly even at 20kmph how can it be a better performer than Punto?...
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.