1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

False Information keeps repeating all the time

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was reading the review of 2012 I20 on another forum.
    Hyundai i20 (1.2P, 1.4D & 1.4 AT) : Official Review - Team-BHP
    Came across these old quotes, I seriously doubt whether TBHP also joined league of Overdrive and auto car,I don't see a review on by the modarator for a 2012 Punto but still when talking about i20 they can still comment on performance.I have never sen a i20 with CRDI badge being driven above 130 kmph on highway but as per Team BHP it has highway pep.
    Just because forum has 65000 registed users they can't give false information.

The i20 diesel hardly sounds like an oil-burner. Out on the open road where the other 1.3L MJD hatchbacks would be running out of breath at 130 - 140 kph, the i20 is still accelerating. The car is a fantastic long distance cruiser with loads of highway pep

I don't know how one would react to real world comparison check out this video

Fiat Punto Sport Vs Hyundai i20 comparison - YouTube

Even Indica vista i test drove reached speeds of 170kmph with ease.i regularly touch 175 on highway, a 90HP can touch 183 kmph.why on earth no one objects to such pathetic statements by the Mod.I see a trend in the Zigwheels auto car,Overdrive and now on Team BHP.
    Internet is being used for new age wicked marketing and paid news.
    -Sat
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2012
    2 people like this.
  2. dharmesh

dharmesh

mumbai
    :evilsmile :lol

This was my reaction I read this. MJD running out of breath at 130-140. GTO is the guy who have written in his review for PUNTO that,

"At 120 (or 140) in my Honda City I am on my toes, But in PUNTO I am still yawning above 140."

This were the words, that motivated me to buy PUNTO much than anything. And now the same guy, just writing anything in review. Just cannot stop :lol
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
    5 people like this.
  3. These reviews are as unethical as Vijay Mallya's kingfisher advertisement on TV showing it as mineral water but even a 10 year old kid knows what kingfisher is.
    What happens when companies like VW and FIAT also starts paying to these people,what will they write?
  4. dharmesh

dharmesh

mumbai
    I doubt on whether is he really paid by companies to post a biased reviews?

And one thing is sure, People takes GTO's each word seriously and for numbers of car enthu, he is like GOD.
    1 person likes this.
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Although I can't vouch for i20's acceleration I can say that post 130-140 the 75HP at least looses it's breath. I know I'll be flamed for this, but the comfortable cruising speed for Punto is around 120 where the noise is optimal post that it becomes little irritant to me. How I wish the Punto had more horses to perform a relaxed cruising.

I've seen i20's overtaking me at triple digit speeds including couple of i10's - So I don't buy the fact that Hyundai's can't be driven at triple digit speeds.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Puntoed

Puntoed Amatore

Austin / Blr
    Here I agree with Teky , Even i was overtaken by I20 in 120 odd speed. But at 150KM+ I20 might not as good as Punto. while overtaking & at curves being in left lane he used to wait n watch , but i Used to beat him there . but after 150 Punto feels running out of breath.
  7. Teky,

Even before remap my punto used to touch 160 kmph with ease,I am not talking about noise here.
    I have seen the default torque and power curve for Punto 2011 model, it may get louder but car can accelerate up to 4000 RPM, power doesn't taper down after 3000 RPM.relaxed or non relaxed nature is due to gear ratio not cars power.having 6th gear may be giving such feeling for i20 but I don't agree MJD runs out of breath, Swift can reach 175 with ease so also Vista being heavier car punto does 160 kmph with default tune. I have driven at at 150 kmph even uphills with out downshifting on highways. I agree pre 2011 cars were little sluggish but 2011 onwards Punto is quick although speed at RPM matches with old punto, what is different is how quickly RPM needle climbs up.
    I am not saying i20 is bad but any one driven 2011-2012 punto will know what is written there is not true.
    I am quite sure GTO hasn't even driven a 90HP punto.even with the default tune it is such a quick car!!
    -Sat
  8. raj29

raj29 Superiore

I really doubt whethere Punto was even compated/thought of while writing the review, because i dont see any direct comparision of the i20 with Punto.
    I have driven my friends i20 (brought just a month after my Punto 90HP) and really felt the need for power in city driving and traffic conditions. Once you slowdown there is no way i20 will pull you in the same gear you have to downshift. The steering wheel is so light i felt like the car was a toy !!

That doesnt mean i20 is a bad car but its not as strongly built as the Punto, the doors of the i20 close with a slight breeze when kept open :eek:

I have seen i20 doing good speeds on highway and when driven with keeping the RPM high it does respond nicely but i think the comment about MJD loosing breath at 130-140 is not in comparision to Punto for sure.
    GTO's reviews have been good from what i have read, may be sometimes personal opinion or liking for a brand might make him write some statements which everyone might not like.

Note: I dont know GTO and am not a member of **BHP.
    2 people like this.
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Mine's a 2010 model without no diet - read 1190 Kgs and I find it struggling past 140 and it's okay-ish to climb to 160. I wouldn't say it does with ease but then I can't expect more from the 1.3, I does serve the purpose well. With a 90HP and 1.4 L engine and 6 gears I would say i20 will be far more refined at highway cruising and that's what I believe he is trying to say which might be indeed true.
  10. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    I think GTO lost his credibility now.. see his new swift review and comments on the thread..
    Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review - Page 6 - Team-BHP

while comparing Punto with new swift.. He said like this...!!!

"Make no mistake, the Swift will leave a Punto for dead on the corners. Reason:

- Quicker steering. Much quicker.
    - Lesser body roll. Much lesser.
    - Noticeably quicker acceleration. And lesser turbo-lag that bogs you down too
    - Quicker, smoother gearshift
    - Grip levels are on par with the 185 mm rubber that our test car had. Remember, the stock Punto has even thicker tyres. A Swift with 195 tyres will outhandle any Punto out there.

If the Figo had more power, it would be the most fun on the twisties. However, as things stand today, the Swift diesel is the most fun-to-drive diesel hatchback there is on sale in India.

The two areas where the Punto maintains an edge is the rock-solid stability at high speed, and feel from the hydraulic steering."

:mad:

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

but with out considering the handling at higher speeds how can we say i20 is better highway cruiser?
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.