1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Facing Problems with Punto MJD

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Ashish Singh, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Ashish Singh

Ashish Singh Timido

LUCKNOW
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello Guys , here I shall take a little long to describe my wierd experience in Fiat serv centre in Lucknow.I own punto MJD since jul13 , Last year in july i had to get my windshield changes for a crack on the same from CLASSIC FIAT servicing stn in Lucknow itself . As it was under insurance i sighed relief and went on fourth day to get my car driven back home to my surprise they had fitted Substandard quality glass as I could never have found that out but to their regret it failed Leak test and finally I got aware . Since then Whatever servicing they carry out I am so doubtful for their acts and have no option here in lucknow .Against this story I seek Advice from all of you as follows
    1. Can i have servicing alternatives as their is only one fiat serv centre in Lucknow as I bought punto in july13 and warranty is over ???
    2. Please recommend good quality 15000 km running eng oil and along with filters which I myself can buy (where from ?) and get it done via DIY

3. Glow bulbs are erring ..what should I do ?
  2. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    i am too from lucknow and presently own a punto evo 90 hp 2014 model ,i yet have to face my first 15000 km service and i am yet to test classic fiat service centre capabilities but yes me too is a bit worried as thers only one service centre so we have to solely depend on that ,actually always be present there when they do any work on your car,and yes if possible be in contact it will be great to be in contact with a tifian in lko as there are very few active people from lko.
  3. Ashish Singh

Ashish Singh Timido

LUCKNOW
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Aviral
    Nice to see another Fitian here in Lucknow where Fiat is such a rare sight of pleasure . well today I got my stock battery exide 50AH changed to AMARON black 60 AH for total of Rs 3600 (old battery refund amount deducted ). Straight on headed for classic fiat for glow plug issue , ensured checks in my own presence : found one out four unservicieable and got it changed under engine warranty even after 30 months of life. Initially they declined for glow plug to be under warranty but I had my words very clear so got it done . Finallly need to be smart and questioning at Service centre else they screw customers with just a coffee of hospitality. My contact no 9405588153
    prabhjot and Aviral singh like this.
  4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I changed my almost 3 year old Linea diesel's battery to 55Ah Amaron, for 4800.
    3800 for 60Ah looks too good a deal.
  5. Ashish Singh

Ashish Singh Timido

LUCKNOW
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @limraj , I got Amaron Black which is a little cheaper than Amaron Flo (Green colour) , I think you would have installed .SO my deal I think is near to good ...
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 27, 2015 ---
    Guys one more thing ...FILTER CLEANING for our cars is must as I already have seen dirt causing ailments in all machines who
    breath and specially car engines . Yesterday itself with some basic tools I cleaned
    Pollen filter & Air Filter: It only had run 3000 km and had piled up so much of dust...hats off to filter .Took up the filter to local cycle shop to blow up softly filters.Fitted Both back and yes Engine Sound felt a little armed up . It took total of 45 minutes maximum.Guys Ineed a suggetion about Basic tool kit online or shop to get on basic touchup /filter change with my cars atleast?
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2015