1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Facing issues with tyre upsize and alloys

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by anrawat, Sep 27, 2011.

1. anrawat

anrawat Timido

Hello friends,

I require your suggestions to overcome the issues i am facing with my tyre upsize and alloys. Recently i fitted 14'' alloys with 185/70 R14 tyres, while fitting the alloys the guys pulled out the screws from the drum which use to hold the tyres & drum, same happened as the alloys don't have space for those screws so they removed it. while driving the car now i am getting noise from the drum and sometimes tyres noise.

I visited fiat service centre today and they told me this whole problem. They are advicing me to use bigger bolt of fine threading so it can hold the alloys and tyres with the drum.

If some one ever faced this problem and is from Hyderabad please let me know the solution on the same..
    I did my tyres upgrades and alloys at ashoka wheels Hyderabad.

I think i made the wrong decision of alloys:A.
  2. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    there is a difference between the wheel bore size of alloys and the hub size of Punto. There is some play due to this which is causing the issue.
    The soultion is spigot ring. Search a thread by "Royj" in TFI. You will get to know how to solve this issue
  3. anrawat

anrawat Timido

what's TFI could you provide me the exact link of the thread to get this issue resolved
  4. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Anrawat, basically what the tyres and alloy shop owner did was that he fitted 100PCD specification alloys in your 98PCD specified car by removing those two small bolts/pins. This was 100PCD alloys can be fitted onto the 98PCD specified cars.

BUT, this is not the correct method even though this is what is being followed everywhere. In Chandigarh all FIAT cars with aftermarket alloys have 100PCD alloys just like you only.

The solution is to use the spacer rings as done by one of our distinguished member RoyJ who has done lots of research on alloys and created an entire thread here at TFI i.e. Team Fiat India forum. :)

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/sho...-of-perfection-with-after-market-alloy-wheels
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The issue has got to do more with the rear brake or the tyre, maybe that is tyre noise, as for
    removing the two pins, there is no option but to remove them. Have u used the same bolts tht fiat had given or have u bought seperate ones. I hate to mention it but there can b an issue with the alloy aswell, these brands done have the best of quality checks and finishing.

Harmony & chaos
  7. anrawat

anrawat Timido

i used the same bolts tht fiat gave me
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Then as dilip suggested do get the drums checked and the tyres, its very unlike that there is an issue with the rims

Harmony & chaos