1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino, Linea MJD, BNW, EPk

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by ManUTDian, Feb 3, 2011.

1. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    01/02/2011, The date when activity that took around 10 months ended with us taking Delivery of BNW Linea MJD Epk . Been a member of this wonderful forum since October 2010, though it was decided last October that the next car in the family will be Linea, but the final step was taking a bit longer time. Then came December, the month of should be buy now or wait for few more days :confused . With all considerations it was decided that its better to wait for few more days and get hold of 2011 model.

Decision process: it took around a year and whole range of cars TDs to come to conclusion. Family decided its time to buy a car, Started with Chevy UVA got very impressed by interiors and stying but TD failed to carry that impression forward seriously lacked the power and was on wrong side of price expectation for a Petrol Hatch.

With Petrol price rise sword always on neck we decided to go for Diesel power.Then came Figo Diesel, superbly quick but dab interiors. Started looking for other alternatives, i20 was out because of poor Cooling and bad suspension. Next on list was Vista QJD, Test drove the car. Was satisfied but my Father didn't liked the interior quality.

Then came another option of getting a Used diesel Sedan, Dzire Zdi, Optra magnum all were in range. Booked a Dzire Zdi with competent motors true value, paid the money but at time of delivery the car was so bad, we did bit more history scratching; then came to know that the sales person was lying ::OO , then and there we decided to get our money back (with lots of hard talks :punch ). With such experience the idea of Used car was dropped.

Bit more time passed, now we decided to go for new entry level sedan, in the picture was Dzire and Manza. Dzire got the kick even without further consideration. Test drove Manza, must say nice car by TATA. While gathering information about Manza at Phawa Motors, the Fiat sales guy (Still remember his name Mr.Sarwan) came to us and asked us to have a look at Linea. My answer was NO, it exceeds our price range. He said Sir just see, i am not asking you to book it.

As soon as we sat inside, the difference was there to be seen (features and interiors). My Dad immediately rejected Manza, and set his mind for Linea. Though the eventual delivery happened through CSD, but the credit of us taking Linea goes to Mr. Sarwan at Phawa motors.

The Pics will be uploaded bit later, have few interviews to take.

Thought the first thing to do is to share my happiness with all of you. Pardon any mistakes, typed everything in hurry due to time shortage.
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Congrats,welcome to TFI,Happy motoring.
  3. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Hey ManUTDian :) , First of all Congratulations for getting the MJD.

Secondly, and the most important thing, A Warm Welcome from another Utd Fan. Love ur signature. GGMU. :drinks
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Congrats Manu on getting the Italian beauty home and goodluck for your interview.
    It's the first time I am hearing that a customer who went to buy a Manza was showed a Linea otherwise it's opposite of this.
  5. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Congrats.
    I agree there are a few good sales person. the one who interacted with me for the t-jet has left!
  6. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    hey congratulations. ours is a similar story. i was always a fiat fan and linea was like the dream car to me. i had forced my uncle to buy one. but since we had a limited budget it was out. everyone in the family was having a look at manza but mera dil to linea ke liye hi dhadakta tha. i used to tell my father 'car to ise kehte hai' to which he always nodded. and then linea happened. so i know what the feeling is. enjoy the linea