1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

F5

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by linealover, Sep 28, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    That was real scary. I didn't know that you have video of this water encounter :D.
    1 person likes this.
  2. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    scary part 2

swimming in linea - YouTube

get away with hydraulic lock.

---------- Post added at 06:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 AM ----------

scary part 2

swimming in linea - YouTube

while we were safely behind volvo,but at one point of time he stops abruptly and water started gushing inside the cabin.

water engulfing our car,RPM stays above 3000.lucky we found a petrol bunk situated above the datum of water and we parked safely.

later we came to know that many cars were stranded in midway,eventually creates a blockade,which is why volvo stopped.

after a couple of minutes volvo passed.many oncoming vehicles found that petrol bunk was a safe heaven and parked there.

while conversing with them(qualis owner) we released that we haven't encountered what they have been through.

since we already missed the volvo,i am expecting a another volvo. Road seems to be abandoned. first off all road doesn't seems to be a road

Then came a truck,i was thinking i can tailgate him,but before make our family alight into the car.eventually i left the safe petrol bunk.

oh!,i need to speed up to stay behind him.a bus from opposite side overtook a broke down car makes us delayed further,eventually we have to

make it solo.This is the most scary part and we couldn't make video.

En-route, A huge compound wall with a 1 foot dia size hole,from which water gushing out madly.

An Avalanche of water gathering a momentum and descending down the road,it appears is as if we were interrupting its passage.

that single moment was the apex of hell. linea was bombarded and it slides sidewards,desperately searching for any traction.

(For Verna it might be a calk walk)

my mind was blank and road was coal pitch dark,oh! all lights were dipped into the water.

buried the accelerator,next moment linea restored its composure.

luckily we got away with hydraulic lock.it is not an adventure,its a suicidal.

Linea safely brought us home.Logically it is not possible to get away with that level of water.

And Logic seems Alien to Fiat,its EMOTION-pack.

Thanks to linea. From that moment i became LL.
    4 people like this.
  3. Great write up linealover and those photos are simply amazing, wonderful snaps!!

You really have had some serious water encounters!!

Just one thing out of curiosity - Your thread title says F5, can you please elaborate more on this? Pardon my ignorance, I could not relate this title :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    LL, your description reminds me about heavy rains and resultant pool that my little alto had crossed with singing "Row row row the boat ....."
    Three times in chennai one at Gemini,another at another at Thiruvanmiyur and last time at Taramani. But my car survived without a problem for 6 years.
    1 person likes this.
  5. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    thanks for the compliments!gonugupta.

Every time i drove Linea on highway i got refreshed.

Drive Like F1
    Get refreshed like F5
    read F5 on keyboard.

Also i thought of giving very very short title.so Advent of F5
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. I second this!! Highway drive in Linea is pure stress buster:)

:) now I got it, quite thoughtful indeed :)
    1 person likes this.
  7. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    That is a great escape LL you have taken a correct turn to the petrol bunk , inside city near SIET , Velacherry , madipakkam (full flooded above silencer which every one know who are in this place ) i have driven linea still the beauty is its weight and traction towards road , this one thing i like about diesel car until the engine is running we can even go inside water ure lucky LL :) , petrol cars risky :(
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
    1 person likes this.