1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Extremly low pickup and perfromance

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by atulkumbhar, Mar 23, 2016.

1. atulkumbhar

atulkumbhar Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    @shashanknathani I have not done the service yet, this month end I will do it.
    Do you have any suggestions for the issues please provide your inputs
  2. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Hello Atul,
    I am facing similar issue in my 2012 Jan MJD Punto 75HP which has run 36000km. Car takes longer time than usual to pick up speed. But i am able touch 100kph in 2500RPM (turbo zone).

My mechanic suspects it could be weak clutch and needs full replacement and since he is non FASS he says he will source part form outside and charge can come upto 8k.

What i am experiencing is either due to bad diesel or weak clutch, but during our test drives there was no shudder or no slip, the revv was smooth, there is no leak in any hoses as well, inter cooler, turbo plumbing were tight no air leaks.

My query to you:
    1. Do you face shudder, i.e does car feel jerky while you switch gears and release ?
    2. Did you check the RPM ? Are you able to do 100 kph in 2500 RPM?
  3. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Linea 1.3
    I'm facing similar issue; did you get it resolved?
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I experienced this problem to my both punto. I mean old 75 bhp & my existing 90 HP
    In Recent trial & error, I reset ECU at Fiat workshop. Problem solved But encountered again.Now they are saying it will require change of MAP sensor. MAP sensor is faulty. It is giving false all OK signals.