1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Extremly low pickup and perfromance

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by atulkumbhar, Mar 23, 2016.

1. atulkumbhar

atulkumbhar Amatore

PIMPRI, PUNE
    Pimpri
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Friends, my Punto MJD 76bhp purchase date 24oct2012 Odometer reads 54K facing with extremely LOW PICKUP and PERFORMANCE.:banghead:
    This is from last one year and service experts from service desk says ur battery is low:woot: and so the issue is occurred.
    Is it so ?
    I am not able to digest it. Is any one facing the issue.
    Next month I will do the 60K service and I m not sure how will the car perform after it.

What is the average bill that can be generated... As I don't want this guy's to just ask me to replace a big list of parts so as to tackle this issue...

Please provide ur technical inputs and solutions as I am tired of this low pickup.

4 months ago I changed the Turbo hose and service guy's said it will improve the pickup and performance but nothing changed....:(
  2. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    The quality of diesel available in India is really poor... thank god I never bought a Diesel car in my life. ... and I never will.

On topic:

1. Your car's clutch needs replacement for Pickup and performance to be backc to normal.
    2. Look at the backside of 60K service coupon.. that will give you details on what kind of parts will need to be replaced and wat kind of service needs to be performed on the car.
    3. This is a major service for the car so be ready for anything upwards of 15000/-
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Battery makes difference... Chk turbo also
  4. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    dear

@atulkumbhar

attaching the 60k bill of my car. Total bill along with the clutch replacement was around 29k.

bill 2 punto 60k.jpg

bill1 punto.jpg
  5. atulkumbhar

atulkumbhar Amatore

PIMPRI, PUNE
    Pimpri
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dear all,

thanks for the reply...
    @bibin, does it really makes so much of bill amount at 60K service or it depends upon case to case ?
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I paid 15K for my 60K service (including the brake disc change).
  7. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    If you look closely there are many parts like Clutch Assembly and related labor components that jack up the bill.
  8. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    @atulkumbhar

if you have clutch replacement or timing chain replacement....the bill will come to 25k and above other wise a normal 60k service will hover around 15k to 18k.

in my case it was clutch replacement along with the gear cable change which amounted to 12892 rest was around 16k .
  9. atulkumbhar

atulkumbhar Amatore

PIMPRI, PUNE
    Pimpri
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ok @bibin
    Thanks for the info..

Hope I get back to my earlier beast with full on power after service and repair...
  10. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Are u still facing low pick up issues?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk