1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Extra Marital Affair: my story of owning the Italian babe "Leena - the TJET"

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by navi_tjet, Aug 23, 2013.

1. weathered

weathered Timido

Bangalore
    navi -Any updates from your side? Did you check if the car has arrived in the yard? Also the VIN no.?
  2. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    I got a call from Madhu yesterday informing that my car has arrived. I got in touch with Krishna to do PDI of my MG beauty. We agreed to meet at 7.30 AM at Vecto motors. I got up early, got ready, grabbed the PDI sheets..one from TBHP, another from TF and a few things from my own list. I reached there dot on time. But Krishna reached ahead of me. This was first time we were meeting. So shared some pleasantries and got on to work. Walked around the car. The chrome beading at one of the bumpers was not proper and Krishna was quick to point that out. I would have easily missed out on that part. Boot was slightly misaligned. But one can notice only if its measured with a vernier caliper. The glove box was still looking the same. "These guys will never learn", commented Krishna. But he was happy with the build, and I was happy to see my car in good condition. We checked all the functions - lights, indicators, doors, windows, glasses, blue and me.... Everything was good. Everything was perfect and I was donning an ear to ear smile.

But something was not right. I wondered what was that. Then it occurred to me "Ah you wanted to check out how much of a beast she is with her hunger". I got curiosity to see ke meri gaadi "kitna deti hai". I asked Krishna "Can you please show me mileage for the car". He quickly pressed the button on the stalk a few times to show the mileage. It showed 14.xx L/100 KM. First I jumped with joy...wow a mileage of 14. Goooodddd to see the Waggie go. Jettie is as good as her in fuel economy department. But my happiness was short lived. Krishna was quick to end my hallucination. He quipped "Thats liters per 100KM my friend". I got a shock. My brain worked like a computer to calculate what it would come to be. That translated to approximately 7KMPL....I froze for a moment. My heart skipped a beat or two. I could feel a smell. The burning smell. That of my trouser's pocket burning. But joy of owning the beast quickly overpowered me. I am planning to make the rest of payment tomorrow and hopefully get the possession by middle of next week.
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Congratulations , just a few more days to go!
    1 person likes this.
  4. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Hello Buddies! It seems Fiat doesn't have silver/minimal grey parking sensors available, but only in black color. However, autocop does have sensors available in silver color and I would prefer to go for that purely because of aesthetic reasons. Can you please suggest if that would be a good choice? Also, is it okay to get it installed it from external vendor or should I buy the sensors and ask Fiat ASS to install it?
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Ask the Fiat ASS to paint the black one's to match your car's body color. This is what couple of other TFI'ans had done, if they are quoting too high get it them painted outside.
  6. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    First of all congratulations on your TJET buddy. I can very well feel your excitement just like I had on the day I got my Punto :)

Reg the parking sensors, check if the silver color of Autocop matches the minimal grey of TJET. I think it wouldn't. BTW, the OE sensors are costly when compared to similar quality what you may get outside. I believe the OE sensors are Fiat labelled Autocop :confused:

If you aren't satisfied with the color match, Buy a reverse sensor of your choice and get a single coat of M.Grey paint either at FASS or outside.
    If at FASS, probably you can demand it FOC at the time of delivery. If they are not ready, let me know, I can suggest you some good paint shop where the color match will be perfect just like I got it in my BNW Punto.
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Hi,

Did you have a word with Madhu, ask him about the P8 reverse parking sensors which has the silver colored parking sensors. I have seen them installing the P8 RPS white ones on a Linea.

Cheers,
    KRISHNA
  8. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Thanks Teky, I'll speak to the sales rep to find out how much would be the charges for painting it in body color. Can you please tell me what would be a reasonable amount for get the sensors painted?

Thanks for the wishes pdydeva. I checked out with sales rep about repainting the sensors, but he was not aware of it. If autocops and fiat OEM are same then i'll prefer OEMs. I wasn't sure if it can be painted to match the body color. I'll talk to sales rep again and see if the paint work can be done at FASS before delivery, otherwise would need the pointers in getting them painted outside.

Thanks for reminder Krishna. I'll speak to Madhu about P8 RPS. Let me see what he has to say about it.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Some photos of Jettie :).

IMG_20130905_073357.jpg IMG_20130905_074624.jpg IMG_20130905_075907.jpg IMG_20130905_083019.jpg IMG_20130905_083033.jpg IMG_20130905_083105.jpg IMG_20130905_083146.jpg
    2 people like this.
  9. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats on the jet !! silver bears a very sober look... not a headturner like HBB / OB .. turn off the mid and start munching miles...
  10. ilblr

ilblr

Bangalore
    Congrats Navi. The only other accessories I would suggest are the illuminated oem door sills. They look really good.