1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Extra Marital Affair: my story of owning the Italian babe "Leena - the TJET"

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by navi_tjet, Aug 23, 2013.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^problem with honda city type of buyers is that they might not open the bonnet themselves in their entire ownership of the car!!
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Partially true Ramesh. Crumple zones.

Rajan
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Had the SA been a bit mechanically inclined he could've told the biggest benefit of roomy engine bays - ease of serviceability. Ask any mechanic who has worked on Palio D about the lack of room. :)
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    OT Alert:
    Lol ya true in my case 2. Never opened a bonnet myself to look carefully in my life till i was injected with MJD virus :p . Its been 1.5 months since i got my car, i already opened the bonnet and checked/scanned Engine bay atleast 10 times so far :D
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Afraid to say, your warranty is void now :(

Cheers.

Navi, I'll move all OT posts to OT thread tomorrow.
    4 people like this.
  6. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Thanks for the suggestions Shams, Ramjn and Krishna. It seems that stock door sills are better although slightly expensive. IMHO it makes more sense to go with the stock in that case. Any suggestions on GPS devices?

Krishna, Minimal Grey Linea on display in Vecto showroom is MJD dynamic. I don't think they have any Linea in emotion variant on display.

OT again : Honda City and Duster were two cars which have topped the list of auto suggest by my non motorhead friends when I told them about me going for Tjet. When I question them back have they ever driven a Tjet before, the answer is always negative. I got the biggest shock of my life when a much younger cousin of mine told me to ditch Fiat Linea and go for............Toyota Etios:evilsmile. I got a taste of what people call "conventional wisdom".

Please don't forget to take your friend on Haralur Road for test drive of Honda City. That road is full of craters and hillocks. I am sure City will kiss at least 50% of them and the sound of metal kissing road is not very romantic :evilsmile.
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The minimal grey vehicle which arrived was not display vehicle. A fresh one that arrived. Abhilash showed me the list of cars in transit and it had minimal grey Linea and hence the doubt.

Sent from my GT-N7000
  8. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    I am planning to get the door sills installed as well and the ASS guys have quoted price as 2700 here in Delhi plus labour which i guess will be a couple of hundred more. I have known about them being available at 99RPM but hesitant to buy it from there , despite the cost difference , because i dont want to take a chance.
  9. weathered

weathered Timido

Bangalore
    Congrats navi_tjet on the booking! Getting your extra marital babe Leena to bed has become quite a task isnt it? :)
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  10. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Hahaha...you are absolutely right but I guess i am the more demanding kind too. Its been a real test of patience, but hopefully the twin sisters are coming together - one each for you and me :). Atleast that is what Madhu told me - that another black Tjet is coming alongwith mine and hopefully the other black beauty is yours :).