1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Extra Marital Affair: my story of owning the Italian babe "Leena - the TJET"

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by navi_tjet, Aug 23, 2013.

1. RDY

RDY Timido

India
    Then you will not fill in any page as you will be busy with her.:mad:
    1 person likes this.
  2. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Amigos, as my Jet is scheduled to land sometime next week, I need to prepare for her arrival and plan for what she might need when she's out of yard. Can you please share your thoughts on what important accessories I may require to load my Jet with? The specific guidance which I am looking for is about floor mats, headlamps if the stock lamps are not good enough and paint protection. Please feel free to suggest any other important accessory which I might have missed in the list but is a must have for Jet? Thanks in advance.
  3. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Sales rep has assured that August offer can be locked by paying some more token advance. I believe dealer does have some degree of freedom here.
  4. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    How much more does he want you to pay?

5. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Highway drives are a must-have accessory for the Jet , see if you can arrange for them :D

Apart from that , I think the iluminated door sills are nice :)
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Get a feel of the car for a month or so before you decide what all accessories you need to gift her ;) . Does the T-Jet already come with those nice T-Jet mats? If it doesn't see if the dealer puts in as complimentary.

Paint protection - Not a big fan. The neighbour has a BNW Linea which stays outside uncovered , be it scorching heat / rain / storm anything. The guy who washes it daily uses one bucket of water for the entire car. If you give it a little bit of detailing love, it'll look really nice once again. There is no fading of the paint, nor has the clearcoat been affected yet. So I am pretty confident that with regular care of the paint yourself, you will never need any third party intervention.

Cheers.
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Install the OEM spoiler. She would look bloody hot.

3D Kagu mats.
    Speaker upgrade.
    Neck pillows.
    Jopasu car duster.
    A good shampoo, spray wax, few MF cloths to maintain her.

Stay away from paint protection. Dig up TFI, you will find that it's just a farce.
  8. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    I got the VIN for my MG babe - she is born in August :)

He wanted me to pay 1L more.

Parantap, I do have plans to take her to highways quite often. The longest of them all, Bangalore to Pune trip happens to be in November. I am very eagerly looking forward to that. Illuminated door sills do look hot. That is one accessory which I am planning to get installed at delivery itself. Sales rep is quoting some 2.8K for door sils. Is that reasonable?

Thanks Gurjinder for sincere advice. Tjet doesn't come with any mats from the factory, but SR has included Linea/TJet mats, absolute edition mud flaps and Fiat original reverse sensors as part of the deal. I believe that has taken care of important accessories. Do you think the lamps are good for night driving on highways or would you recommend some better lamps?
    I agree with you on the "feel" part. Car would start giving hints on what she'll need in a couple of months.

Driv3r thanks for some very good suggestions. Rear spoiler and door sills are on cards and so are cleaning accessories. I would wait and watch how good or bad stock mats and speakers are before doing the upgrade. One accessory I want to have is a good GPS navigation system too for rare emergency situations. Any tips on GPS devices would be welcome.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    you might want to have a look at Illuminated Sill Plates for FIat Linea T-Jet & Punto

these are not OE but look quite good in the pictures. best part is the cost
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I don't know how this would look like. I have the OE Fiat branded illuminated sill plates. It is ABSOLUTELY Brilliant. The light throw is simple superb and I doubt if these aftermarket pieces will deliver the same level of richness.

Yes, the OE piece costs around Rs. 2700.