1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Extra Marital Affair: my story of owning the Italian babe "Leena - the TJET"

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by navi_tjet, Aug 23, 2013.

1. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Dear friends - Thank you all for providing invaluable inputs. Today is Kiddo's and better half's b'day. I am going to be busy today :).
    Krishna - thank you so much for sharing the contact details. It is indeed very kind gesture on your part.
    I had called you on the number provided but it seems I didn't call at an opportune time and you couldn't take my call. Sorry about that. Will try to buzz you again sometime later.
  2. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    I spoke to Krishna earlier today and it was such a pleasure to talk to him. I am overwhelmed with gratitude towards him for extending a helping hand to a fellow TFIan. Thank you so much, Sir. You are really wonderful.

Thanks and Ravi and Puchoo for your invaluable advice.

Friends I have to share some good news with you. I called up the sales rep later today to check the status. He informed me that they have placed an order of new minimal grey TJET for me and its already in transit. It would take 3-4 days for the vehicle to come. Thank you Krishna once again, it wouldn't have happened without your help.
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Hopefully your ordeal is over. Like I mentioned earlier, keep them on their toes and dont let them relax. I shall accompany you for the PDI if you wish to. Do let me know once the car arrives. Do tell your sales rep to ensure sufficient fuel is there during PDI.

Minimal Grey Tjet too is a nice choice of color. Looks elegant and easier to maintain. By the way which variant, I hope its the emotion variant.

Do drop me a PM if you need any help.
    1 person likes this.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Great to see the camarederie here. Thanks Krishna!
  5. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    I too hope the ordeal is over for good :). At one time, I had lost hope that I would be getting my Jet and driven by the bitter experience I was looking at alternatives. But I couldn't set my heart on anything else. Selecting any other car sans Jet was the toughest activity I ever went through. For last 2 days I would think about a car and discuss it with my wife.
    "let us consider Vento..its also a good car", and after a few minutes I would say "why don't we check white Jet, at the maximum seats need to be cleaned properly". It happened with every damn car that I could think of. I kept on coming back to Jet. I couldn't forget my test drive experience. I accelerate her upto 140 and slam the brakes and she stops without a fuss. This is a very common scenario on Indian roads - you are going at a decent speed only to see someone coming in your path out of nowhere. I was not confident that any other car would make me feel so safe driving it. All four disc brakes are fantastic. She seem to handle such emergency situations so well.

Then I had read about one TFI member's Punto had a tyre burst at high speeds and he could still bring his car to a halt without anything serious happening to him or the car. This is as good as it gets. Thinking from heart and thinking from brain, I couldn't think of anything else. Agreed Jet touches the heart, but not it was also a decision of brain. My upgrade had to be Jet come what may. If I had to shell out extra money to own a Jet - I was prepared for that. If I had to wait for a few more weeks to have her - I was prepared. If I had to go to a different dealer - I was prepared. And she is having a bigger stomach and is a thirsty beast - I am prepared to pay those few K extra to keep her running. Hey guys -- are you thinking I have gone crazy.. YES I AM :devilface.

The chat with you earlier today had brightened me up and made me see some hope. During my last visit to Vecto, I had asked Abhilash to check the availability of colors in factory as I was open to any available color. He promised to revert by evening but he appeared to be non-committal. I called him in the evening that day, and he didn't have any updates. Being busy with personal stuff yesterday I didn't call. After discussion with you I was prepared for PDI of white Jet if required and accept her if all was well, but since I had requested to check the availability I wanted to know the status of that request. A new car from factory would have made me feel much more confident to go for it. My earlier calls to the sales guys went unanswered today. In the evening, I halfheartedly called Madhu and he broke the news that my MG jet is on the way. I have been ecstatic ever since and I hope it remains the same way "touch wood" !

Linea looks good in all the colors. Minimal grey is a nice color, but in my humble opinion it looks the least glamorous of all the available colors. But in grand scheme of things color is something of least importance for me. Its the beast beneath the hood which I am after. The good part is that MG requires least maintenance of all the colors and its good for a relatively careless person like me.

You have been associated with Fiat cars for a long time and you have very good understanding of cars. I would feel extremely fortunate to have your company while going for the PDI of my Jet. Please do plan to come along with me for the PDI. I'll let you know once my Jet has landed and we'll take it from there on wards.
    1 person likes this.
  6. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Great news indeed , lets hope that this was the only glitch you would need to encounter in your experience!!
  7. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    :up:up. Good that the road blocks have gone .. The Jet will land soon... Get ready to take off..
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  8. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Thanks for the wishes Puchoo. I too hope that things sail smoothly from now on and I start flying my MG jet on Bangalore roads soon :).
    I am wringing my hands in anticipation since 18th, the day I booked the Jet, to put my hands on steering wheel of my own Jet :).
    I hope I get "you are cleared to take off" in a week's time.
  9. RDY

RDY Timido

India
    Congratulations, have patience:rolleyes: you will get it and then you will forget these ordeals.
  10. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Thanks RDY :). I am willing to forget these ordeals just because I remember the test drive experience. I know Jet will do a hard reset of my memory once she arrives. But I am finding it very tough to keep patience and wait :D.

She hasn't even arrived at I have filled 5 pages in her wait. Wonder what will happen when my dream machine is there with me.