1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Extra Marital Affair: my story of owning the Italian babe "Leena - the TJET"

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by navi_tjet, Aug 23, 2013.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    navi buddy, why don't you change the dealer? Switch over to KHT and see if you get a deal there.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ even i wanted to suggest the same. try with KHT
  3. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    Oops this is bad, me having booked with the same dealer is sending shivers down my spine...:devil
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Sounds like an epic-fail from Vecto. They are trying to make up for their mistake by asking you to put up 50% of the total amount even before placing an order. :roll:

As TFIans have suggested above, kindly go check out KHT. I was under the impression you would have compared the deals being offered at all dealers. But you can do so now.

Cheers.
  5. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Dear brothers - I need your suggestions/advice! I am contemplating to consider the one in stock as i am set to loose the Wag very soon. I have been through too much of negativity and doubts, but then it occurred to me that besides dirty interiors, there may be nothing else wrong with the car. If the interiors are cleaned properly, the car may still be very well worth the buck. My question is - can the interiors be cleaned to perfection? Even if it is display vehicle, that wouldn't have led to any kind of wear and tear. Besides, the 5 year warranty by Fiat is there to back it up. What do you guys say?
  6. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Believe me guys KHT is equally good or bad as it also shares the same DNA. A friend of mine had purchased a safari from them and had pretty bad experience. On the positive side, Vecto has been a favorite of some of the TBHP bonds. Hence I would stick with Vecto. Besides the 50% thingy, the man I spoke with was an absolute gentleman and delightful to talk to.

Dont worry too much C_S buddy. Read in the other thread that ETA of your jet is 3rd week of September. Good news is your wait for the Jet is coming down as we speak. And hopefully on dealership front things would go much smoother for you. Wish you all the best and enjoy your prenuptial period :). And IMO you will get the delivery at the perfect time too i.e. near to the festive season. While I acknowledge its a long wait, imagine the plight of those who have booked Ecoboost - supposedly one year wait :evilsmilewhich is like forever. This is not deterring Ecosport fans from booking one. So why should we be bogged down...

Well bro to be honest, Fiat is no Maruti and Jet is no Swift which is flying off the shelf. A vehicle stranded in their yard would have to sold off for much lower price few months down the line. The person in question may have concerns if I am a genuine buyer or not and maybe in his opinion 50% down would ensure I don't run away later.

Just trying to think differently here :). If I continue in same mindset for a few more days, you will soonsee me driving Ertiga Vxi ABS with a luggage carrier on top and I hate the very thought of it. So I am trying to be a man and face the situation like one. I might have to struggle a little to get my Jet but she isn't the one to be left for petty reasons :D.
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Navi - If this is a decision you are going to keep defending constantly, or going to secretly regret - do not do it. Find another way and wait for a new car. However, after checking thoroughly and satisfying yourself, if you are convinced, go ahead. Interiors can be cleaned. No problem.

All the best

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I believe no need to change the dealer, but make sure you don't pay 50%. It doesn't happen anywhere.
    This doesn't make sense, to me. Once you pay amount, dealer can force you to take car, even if you see issues during PDI.
    With so less sales, Fiat dealer has to go extra miles than Maruti or Hyundai.

I feel a normal talk to make the person understand should resolve this. Or talk to higher-ups.

In case you need any help or contact, PM nkrishna, he has good contacts in Vecto.
    1 person likes this.
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @Navi_Tjet. Went through whole thread on your Tjet purchase. Sorry to hear the ordeal you are going through with the purchase of the Tjet. The gentleman you are referring to is Mr. Abhilash (hope I got it right). As of now, there is no main yard or mini yard for the Fiat. The parking place you are referring is the place the new vehicles are parked. So the car getting a dirty exterior is nothing new. However, the interiors being dirty is something you should accept. Rest assured the vehicle would not have been used as a display vehicle, it would have really stupid on the dealer's part to keep a car with dirty interiors for display. The Tuscan wine Linea Active that was on display earlier is MJD and not Tjet.

Firstly, do a thorough PDI of the car in daylight to see if everything is fine. If and only if you are satisfied with the PDI, then ask the dealer to get the interiors cleaned up (and insist it is not from the Bardhal guys in the showroom and you will need a 3M stuff done). Just in case, if you have taken the pics of the interiors do post them here. It will help to understand if the stains can be got rid of.

If you decide to insist for a new piece from the factory, there is no reason why it should not be honoured. The 50% amount up front days are long gone when the production of Tjets had stopped in 2011 and should not be imposed on for a car that is in production more so when the fault is with the dealership of not keeping the new car as it is supposed to be kept.

Just in case, If nothing works out with the current booking, there are two more dealers to look up to. The love for the Jet is such that these ordeals will disappear when you get behind the steering wheel and driving it. :)

Dropping you a PM.
    5 people like this.
  10. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    If you truly do believe that its only the interiors and there is nothing else wrong with the car then maybe you can go ahead , if you have even a small doubt then dont becuase it will keep coming back to haunt and irritate you for the rest of your ownership - if you do decide to go ahead not only get the car cleaned properly but bargain for a free dry cleaning service / coupon as well...... which is what i did , i had all of one small black mark which went away with a damp cloth but i squeezed the free dry cleaning out.
    1 person likes this.