1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Extra Marital Affair: my story of owning the Italian babe "Leena - the TJET"

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by navi_tjet, Aug 23, 2013.

1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Nice write up. I liked the way you narrowed down your choice and it means your selection was all out of genuine feeling for the performance of the car (you were not a fiatian ). Seriously, there isnt much good choice in the current car market for a VFM car which ticks many boxes right. Even if I were to sell my Punto now after four years, what will be my next car that has these kind of features and road manners.? Life is going to get difficult from now on untill Fiat releases the next model.

Abdul
    5 people like this.
  2. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    Congrats! Very nice write up. I agree with Abdul, after driving a Fiat GP, next "logical" choice for me seems to he a T jet!! But at 2 yrs and 14k kms, my punto is still young...so I've got to wait :(
    1 person likes this.
  3. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    I got a call from SA saying that my car has arrived. It was a little too quick for comfort, so I asked him to send the VIN details. It turns out that it is June manufactured vehicle and has been in their yard for some time. SA is claiming that June manufactured vehicles are latest available from Fiat and I did not bite that bait. I told him that I want a recently manufactured vehicle He was trying to push me for June manufactured vehicle, but I put my foot down and informed him that I don't want the old stock. He said he'll check with Fiat plant and come back.

What is latest manufactured TJET I can expect from Fiat? Would Fiat have recently manufactured cars available in the factory, or do they make it on order?
    I am not buying June manufactured one, which has endured the monsoons sitting in the dealer stockyard, for sure.
    Now if Fiat hasn't manufactured any JET in last 2.5 months then the all bets are off.
    I am going to take the hit on cancellation charges and move ahead.

BTW, does anyone know if Vecto Motors (Bangalore) have a "mini yard" near to the showroom by any chance?
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Tjet is not a mass selling car to manufacture in bulk each month. How do you know that it was sitting in their yard? Even if true, taking the June car in August is nothing to get worried about. As long as you do a thorough pdi, that should be absolutely fine.

There seems to be issues in your extra marital affair already. :D
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I bought my Sept 2010 manufactured T-Jet in August 2012 - 4 days shy of 2 years.

The car arrived in the dealer's stockyard in October 2010 and was lying there for almost 2 years. Today, again 4 days short of one year from the date the car was delivered to me, I have zero regrets. The car has delivered trouble free performance for the past 15500 kms and I have not regretted my decision even for a moment. IMO, you should still do a thorough PDI of the car and accept it if all is well. You might be able to negotiate a further discount, if you push hard.

Having said that, I do not condone the attempt of the SE to try push the car to you, without being upfront. However, end of the day, it is your money and it is your decision buddy.

All the best.

Rajan
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
    5 people like this.
  6. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    Congrats on booking the Jet ( i don't want to call it a Car). Even i have booked the Jet at Vecto Motors. They have space where they can fit in closely about 35-40 cars, if it can be called a "mini yard". From my interactions with the Sales Rep, he said their "Main yard" was at Yelahanka. Which color have you booked? The Sales Rep said he had the White and Minimal grey ready but none of the other colors were available and had to be ordered from the Production Line..
    1 person likes this.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Their main yard is in Nelamangala. That can fit about 300 cars easily. When I visited there for the PDI of my Jet, the yard was almost full, albeit with TATA cars :D

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  8. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    Correct Rajan Sir, My bad got it wrong... Yes it is Nelamangala... Sorry, i stand corrected... But I could see all Fiat Cars in the " Mini Yard"
  9. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Thanks Parantap :). I can't deny being enamored by the Jet, but I am more of nocturnal animal right from the college days.

Thanks RKK - I don't think I am going to be less restless after having the babe in my arms :D.

Thanks Sreedhara - I am happy to see many Jets hitting the road. Car certainly deserves a better treatment than she's getting now.

Thanks Puchoo. I don't have good skills with the camera, but then would try my best to capture and share her snaps :).

Thanks Rudresh, I look forward to have a great time with the beautiful beast too :).

Thanks Sat-Chit-Ananda. Good to know that we are on the same trajectory as far as our "auto" life goes :). Well to be honest, its tough to part with Wag. She had been with me with so many years and seen all the ups and downs in life. But then all good things come to an end - or so I think to ease the pain of her going away!

Thanks Gurjinder. Well its soon going to be polygamy from extra marital affair :D.

Thanks Fast Love. It feels great to be part of Fiat and TFI family :)
  10. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Thanks @Jumu, @nobrakes, @ramjn, @PatchyBoy and @C_S For your wishes. Somehow multi quote is refusing to work today.
    @Jumu - I have visited so many car showrooms in past few months that if had not gone for JET now my wife would have divorced me. She was fed up of my showroom hopping :D. Jokes apart, I tried my best to find a vehicle which meets my requirements and at the same time is robust and reliable too. I had backup plans but all those would have costed 1.5x to 2.x compared to TJET and IMO in all C segment sedans Linea is THE best.

@Jumu & @nobrakes, Punto is extremely capable hatch. It was in serious contention but had to drop the idea because my better half knew that I am going to stick with next car for next decade and she wanted a "big" car. I know once you get used to the kind of road manners of Fiats then its very difficult to look anywhere else. Lets hope Fiat's sales improve and they keep bringing newer and more exciting models.

@ramjn You know men, they are very possessive breed :D. I was having apprehension that car may be sitting at dealer yard for some time in open air condition and might have undergone wear and tear. I still have the concern but then I have decided to go ahead and do the PDI. Lets hope things work out well and I take her possession sometime next week :).

@PathcyBoy - Thanks for giving me confidence to go ahead with the PDI. You laid some of my worries to rest.

@C_S - Sales Rep told me that they have a yard nearby and he would get the car at showroom itself for PDI. The only yard I knew of was at Neelamangala and didn't want the car to be driven all across the city for PDI. I had black car before and better half was fed up of black color in last 9 years :D. So I went for white.

Hey Fiat owners, I have some queries. I would be thankful to fellow Fiatians for their invaluable inputs.

1. I came to know fiat cars have H mark on the odometer which confirms that 1) car hasn't run more than 200 KMs and 2) The meter hasn't been tempered with before. Can you guys please confirm if that indeed is the case!

2. Can you please let me know how good are Good Years tyres when it comes to the road grip, or should I go for an upgrade? If I go for upgrade, how much trade in price can I expect for new GY? I was at Madhu's Langford Road and they sales guy offered me 3K for each GY. I thanked him and came back, thinking I better let the tyre run for their lifetime and upgrade when required.

3. Can you please provide me some leads for insurance? I want to opt for bumper to bumper no depreciation plan.

4. Any important accessory that I need to have on my Jet? I am getting Fiat's reverse parking sensors fitted by the dealer itself.

5. I am going to follow team-bhp PDI checklist. Please let me know if there are any Fiat specific things that I need to be aware of.

Thanks in advance :).