1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Extra Marital Affair: my story of owning the Italian babe "Leena - the TJET"

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by navi_tjet, Aug 23, 2013.

1. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Thank you so much for the wishes and compliments Nadeem. MG indeed looks classy on TJET.

Guys - The KMs display on trip meter was blinking today for quite some time. It stopped blinking after running for about 8-10KMs by itself. I don't remember it doing such a thing earlier. Has anyone seen this before? What is the significance?
  2. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Sorry for not updating the thread for over a month. Well it has been honeymoon time for me and I believe everyone would agree that any update shouldn't be expected during this time :evilsmile. So just over a month and I have already clocked 2K kilometers. A couple of long drives during this time - one to Yelagiri and another one to Talakad. These were some of the best tarmacs to let the Jet spread her wings and needless to say - she never fails to amaze. I noticed some steering vibrations at 80 in my first long drive, that got resolved after i went to get a puncture fixed and found the tyres over inflated. Getting back to 36F and 33R changed the things.

Her capabilities are very well documented and I am not going to repeat that part. I have nothing much to add in that department, but coming to my personal experience, I start to have a knee pain after driving for a couple of hours on a stretch and keeps on getting worse with time. I have been lazy enough not to do much of a work out in recent times, but it seems Jet wants me to get off my lazy a** and join some gym if i want to enjoy her drives.

I haven't kept much of an elaborate data of her diet chart like many of friends on forum, but she seem to be clocking 11.xx in city and 13.xx on highways and I still handle her like a baby. I have revved her beyond 2.5K only on a select few occasions. I just wish oil ministry cut the petrol prices soon or she goes on some diet otherwise I have to soon start finding banks which provide "petrol loans" :D.

One question to guys from Bangalore - how long does it take for RC to arrive after delivery? I am still waiting for my RC to arrive :(.
    1 person likes this.
  3. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore

I am told that it will take 45 days, am waiting for mine as well....
  4. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    C_S which RTO did you vehicle got registered in?
  5. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    Jayanagar Bangalore KA-05
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Mine was Jayanagar RTO as well. I got the RC in @45-50 days time. But you can wait till 60 days and then follow up

Sent from my Lumia using Tapatalk
  7. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Thanks Guys - Mine got registered at EC RTO (KA51) on 9/11. I am traveling to Pune in mid Nov and want to have RC before I go. Although I am going with family, I don't want cops to jump in front of my car at every signal with me not evening having the RC.
  8. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    I don't think you need to get to worried about it, just carry your the invoice and insurance and tax papers. It does take 45 days even for us in Pune to get the RC so the cops should understand even if they stop you.
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Hey friends - a quick question. I got the RC with smart card today finally after a little over 2 months. Everything else seem to be okay, apart from MODEL which reads "1.4 TJET 16". I was expecting it to read "1.4 TJET EMOTION". Please let me know if "1.4 TJET 16" is correct entry in the RC or does this require to be corrected?
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Don't worry about it. The guy who filled out the form would have filled in looking at the brochure - "1.4TJET 16V Emotion" and the RTO software has a 10 character limit for that field. My smart card reads "LINEA 1368". The guy filled in LINEA 1368CC 16V TJET :D

Rajan
    1 person likes this.