1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Extra Marital Affair: my story of owning the Italian babe "Leena - the TJET"

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by navi_tjet, Aug 23, 2013.

1. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Guys dont worry about the kick , i used to wonder the same thing for days after i got mine as well and had the same thoughts but the kick is actually still very much there , you just need to hit 2000 RPM at a decent pace , if you are crawling up the rev range then you will not feel it. And given that i was running my engine in for about 800 Km's i was barely crossing 2000 and hence getting very frustrated and concerned.

Post 800 and when i took her to the hills for my trip all these apprehensions were laid to rest - the surge is very much present , maybe a little less raw now but there and you will not only feel it but the car suddenly pounces forward

2 people like this.
  2. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Apologies for the delay in reply - had been held up with work today and thanks to some really insane traffic, I spent close to three and half hours on road today for 28-30 KM travel. One and a half hour in the morning to reach my workplace and two hours back home :A.

Thanks for the wishes Driv3r :). I agree that radiator needs to dispense extra heat, but then it was a bit much for comfort and hence my concern. TD car was 2013 Jet and had 1K on odo and it did have good turbo kick. It felt milder in my Jet.

Vecto did mess up a lot of things but I give them a benefit of doubt for being a new dealer. Not denying the fact that they ought to make it a much better experience for the car buyers. When your sales charts are nothing much to brag about, I believe it is the extra bit you do which can give you advantage over the big guys in market. Unfortunately the attitude of dealer drives home a point why Fiat fails to sell cars in spite of making such fantastic machines. And then its not just Vecto, any Fiat dealership you read about it is the same story. I hope things work out better at the service front.

You are right, it was raining and the car was all wet when I felt it blowing hot air. It felt okay in the morning today when I reached office, but again some water on the roads in evening and it did feel like giving some hot air, though wasn't as bad.

Thank you so much Abhishek and congratulations to you as well on getting the dream machine home. The test drive car had set an expectation that the moment you hit 1500 RPMs, car will just lunge forward. I couldn't feel it new Jet and hence got concerned. I agree with you though that the kind of traffic we have, it is better if the horses are kept in check. It would be a problem if she suddenly jumps to kiss someone else in a dense traffic :D.

Good to know from your thread that the tin noise issue is resolved in your car. Inspired by you and on fellow TFIan's advice, I too went and disrobed her of the only cover she had. She looked much better without it :D.

Thanks Puchoo that lays my apprehensions to rest as well :). New vehicle and especially from not a very popular brand on the roads does bring its own share of jitters but thanks to fellow TFIans it doesn't stay for long :).
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

The hot feeling you were mentioning near right fron door is definitely from the radiator fan/AC. Do not lose sleep over it.

In case you happen to use a two wheeler, and if you happen to stand in parallel with any other car near the right door/front wheel whilst waiting at a traffic signal, you can feel this heat wave very much. :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Thanks DRIV3R, that is useful information indeed. Reinforces my belief that its nothing much to loose sleep over :).

First milestone achieved - got rid of the H mark today. I have driven for 130 KMs in little over 48 hours of my ownership :D. And weekend has just begun. I also switched over from L/KM scale to KM/L for fuel consumption. Current average fuel consumption stands at measly 7.6 or something. But then she idled for almost 2 and half hours yesterday.

I am going to Vecto motors again to get the accessories and number plates installed. The kind of experience I have dealing with Vecto, a part of me is extremely skeptical that all the things would get done. Lets hope things gets done today. Fingers crossed.

Its been raining buffaloes and cows in Bangalore and Jettie has got pretty dirty from head to toe. I'll be getting some cleaning accessories for her. Plan to stop over at reliance autozone to pick up some useful stuff. One guy used to wash my WagonR but I have told him to keep away from the car unless I tell him specifically. I didn't feel like letting him off, so thought I would use his help on SOS basis armed with the new cleaning tools. I plan to get some 3M stuff too - especially carpets. I saw carpets in Krishna's car and thought it would be quite useful. I want to get under body rust protection done as a safety measure just in case. But not sure if it could be done today.

This car is full of so many gadgets that its hard to differentiate between a bug or feature. I went for a drive today morning. Kid was fiddling with ICE and when I turned off the engine & locked the car, ICE refused to switch off. I thought it would do that in a minute or two and waited outside patiently, but of no avail. Then I saw on/off switch of ICE and pressed it for a while to hard turn it off. Isn't the ICE supposed to switch off when you switch off and lock the car? Or did kiddo changed some default settings?
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    IIRC there is a feature in Fiat OEM ICE to run for about 20mins max after switching off the engine. Go through the manual and you will find the settings to change this.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

After you turn off the engine, if the power button of ICE is pressed, it would remain on for 20 mins as Kiran has said. Your kid might have done that part. Otherwise, the ICE would turn off with the engine. You can turn off this feature form the ICE menu itself.
  7. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Time for some Sunday Morning treat :).

IMG_20130912_173945.jpg

IMG_20130912_174003.jpg

IMG_20130912_174015.jpg

IMG_20130912_182532.jpg

IMG_20130914_133308.jpg

IMG_20130914_134058.jpg

IMG_20130914_141111.jpg

IMG_20130914_162822.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
    4 people like this.
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

She looks stunning in Minimal Grey. :)
    1 person likes this.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Wonderful. Minimal grey looks great at night than at daylight IMO. :)
    1 person likes this.
  10. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Three point door opening is proving out to be a bane rather than boon for my Jet. The first stop for the door is not enough to get one out, and if you push it a little more, the door moves at speed of light and hits the object standing next :A My heart has skipped a beat more than once because of this. I planned to have 3M paint protection done, but wanted to have it another day to align with my credit card billing cycle. But I'll be getting it done on this weekend. Can't stand my Jet getting scratched :(. And this means tyre upgrade and few other plans will have to be deferred. I hope and pray that Apollos last the distance...