1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Extra Marital Affair: my story of owning the Italian babe "Leena - the TJET"

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by navi_tjet, Aug 23, 2013.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The chasis number is the 8 digit number before the last 3 letter like ELZ, FLZ etc. Your car's chasis number should read something as 0903xxxx (xxxx is the last four digits. The engine number can noted from the barcode sticker + the number engraved from the engine block.

How much did the insurance cost you, kindly include the IDV, coverage and the premium details.

PS: For the numbers, opt for the IND plates. Those add a touch of class to the over all vehicle than the regular plastic ones.
  2. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Thank you so much Kiran for the confirmation. I have to yet get the car or the papers and the oral communication from sales rep is not very confidence inspiring. TFI is my only source of getting correct information so that I can avoid the mistakes or correct them ASAP.

Krishna - i was checking the wagon-R insurance papers and the chassis number is exactly what you informed. However, it had separate VIN number section too which is not there on BA. In WagonR RC book chassis number entered was the VIN number itself :evilsmile. This chassis number/VIN number stuff is so damn confusing.

When I bought Wagon-R, I went into the showroom and booked the car. One fellow came to my house to get documents for loans and signatures which I blindly put. One week later my car was ready - paid the remainder amount and drove out. For Jet I am much more informed and things are much more difficult. Now I understand why they say "ignorance is bliss" :mrgreen:. Its a different story that blind signatures came to bite me later.

I opted for B2B zero depreciation insurance with add on life insurance for the occupants in case of some eventuality. Its B2B so covers everything 100% except for tyres and battery, for which it covers 50%. Premium came to around 27K for IDV of 871xxxL.

Thanks for suggestion on IND plates. Are these the plates which dealer provides by default, or do we have to specifically ask for them?
  3. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Registration happening today. Delivery Tomorrow :).
    4 people like this.
  4. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Great news!!!

5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Great to know that the Tjet will be delivered tomorrow. Go a little early and ensure everything is in order. Do take pics
  6. ilblr

ilblr

Bangalore
    Great. Congratulations once more and post pictures.
  7. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Guys - help me get a good lawyer. I have now officially become a bigamist :D. Logical conclusion to extra marital affair. I brought Jet home today. I called up Madhu yesterday and informed him that I would be taking the delivery today. Again in the morning I called him up to confirm if delivery can be done today. All affirmative and delivery was setup at 2PM. I reached Vecto half an hour late, knowing well that 2 PM could be the lunch time. I was expecting my car to be there right in front of the showroom, nicely washed up waxed shining and ready for delivery.

I was in for some disappointment. My Jet was nowhere to be seen. But that was just the beginning of comedy of errors. I entered the showroom, Mr Madhu was nowhere to be seen. Few other people were there and I had to tell him that I am here for delivery of Jet. Some kind soul called up Madhu and he was on some corporate visit, God knows what. Some other person was assigned to assist with the delivery, who was out for lunch. That person took own sweet time to come back and by that time we were getting roasted in frustration. Thankfully the guy arrives and quickly gets down to work. I am given the tax receipt and my name was misspelt in tax challan! I told the guy to make sure that there is no problem in the registration papers - he calls up the agent and informs me that this is just tax receipt but master card will have correct details. I didn't have an option but to trust him.

Then he goes to accounts guy to get the final invoice - accounts guy says I am short 10K and I need to pay up. Frantic calls here and there and half an hour later it was found that Mr accountant had made an error in entering the amount. Things start to move again and then I ask "how about accessories?"! "Sir the accessories technician is not here today, we will install the accessories on Saturday". I had to say OK and move on.

I thought of doing PDI before driving off, but it started raining cats and dogs and I couldn't check a thing. I asked the new sales rep to introduce me to different people and he took me around. I was expecting rain to recede in mean time but of no avail. Me wife and Kid were totally exhausted by this time and I decided to take the car and leave. I took the keys, refueled at the next door BP petrol pump and drove off.

I couldn't have enough of her, so I took her out three times on small pretexts and drove close to 50 KMs by the end of the day. Needless to say, the drive is out of this world and it makes one forget literally everything. But the Vecto experience does leave a lot to be desired.

Couple of issues which I found with the car:

One sensor on the dash near to windshield has cap missing and is exposed. Any ideas what that could be?

After driving for around 8-10 KMs, I happened to see a friend and stopped to have a chat. He was standing next to front right door and complained of some hot air coming off the car. I also felt some heat coming off the car. Is this normal for Jet to feel "hot"?

The pick up is good but I am not able to feel the turbo kick near to 2K RPM which was very nicely felt in test drive car. I am just wondering if the two of these could be inter related.

Apologies for not sharing the pics - its in my mobile and I'll share it tomorrow.
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Congrats buddy. Enjoy the Jet.

The sensor is the temperature sensor for climate control module.

It is absolutely normal for the car to feel hot, the radiator should do it's job, no?

Was the TD car a 2013 make? I TDed a 2013 Jet and did not feel any kick whatsoever, unlike my 90HP MJD or the older Jets. Read somewhere that Fiat has tuned it linearly for the 2013 makes. So that should be it.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. turboKarthik

turboKarthik Timido

Bangalore
    Not a very good start to what should have been a wonderful day in your life. They ought not to have been so careless in so many aspects. If I were you, I would take them to task for not fitting accessories and keeping the car ready at the promised time. These 2 are the most irritating things for a new owner, that I saw in your report.

Temperature sensor cap. Please ask for this and get it fixed during your next visit to Vecto. Such things should be caught at PDI level in the stockyard.

Might have been relative heat if, as you say, it was raining?? I am yet to know of any car which will feel hot at the doors! Hehe. Near the bonnet, yes. The T-Jet can get pretty warm at the front, but near the doors is a bit strange. Check again tomorrow.

I'd say wait for the engine to open up a bit as you accumulate miles on the odometer. Your brand new car will not behave or drive the same way as a seasoned test drive car which would have, in all probability, run at least 5-6k km by now and bedded in properly :).
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
    2 people like this.
  10. abhisheksil

abhisheksil Novizio

Firstly big congratulations on getting your jet home. Co-incidentally I too got my T-Jet yesterday! In fact I am experiencing the same thing you mention about the turbo kicking in post 2000 rpm, I very distinctly remember this happening in the TD vehicle but it is definitely more subdued in my car. However, I think this is a good thing considering we mostly drive in the city with stop-go traffic.

Another weird thing I noticed is a continuous "rain drops on a tin roof" kinda sound from the front windshield everytime I went above 60 kmp/h! I will do some tests today and see if it's happening again. I assumed it could be the garland the dealer had put on the grille in front but removing it did not do anything as far as the sound is concerned. Now the only thing remaining is removing the red ribbons from the hood but I don't thing something that light could have anything to do with the sound either. I will mention this issue in my thread as well hoping for some answers.

Congrats again bro! Don't worry about the turbo etc. just enjoy the beast!
    1 person likes this.