1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Extra Marital Affair: my story of owning the Italian babe "Leena - the TJET"

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by navi_tjet, Aug 23, 2013.

1. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Thanks Varun. I know she doesn't look as much of a headturner in MG as she looks in HBB/OB. Having owned a black wagon-R for 9 years, I wanted something "different". Hence went for MG.

Thanks ilblr. Door sills on the cards.
  2. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Bonjour Amis!! I am planning to buy my own insurance from outside because the difference in premium is coming to be around 15K. I checked out quite a few websites, but the car model Linea Tjet Emotion is not available anywhere. Most of the sites still provide Tjet and Tjet plus in the vehicle details section. Can I still go ahead and buy the insurance? I don't want to get into trouble later because of naming mismatch. Secondly, the car hasn't been invoiced yet - can I still buy the insurance or do I have to get the invoice first and then only I can buy? I would appreciate if you can share your experience/inputs.
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    You can call their helpline and get quotes. A zero depreciation policy should not cost you more than 25K, but the showrooms guys quote 32k for a normal policy which is absurd and the policy should not be bought at the dealership.
  4. ilblr

ilblr

Bangalore
    Navi,

You are right. I did the same thing and got my insurance from Bajaj. The different is around 15K with Zero Dep (against FG simple comprehensive policy). Mine cost around 26.5K including everything and Bajaj Drive-Assure complimentary. I also got the model name and ex-showroom price changed. So it says Fiat Linea T-Jet Emotion. If you need my contact let me know. I will PM you.

5. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    32k is exactly what my dealer quoted me as well , got it done for myself for a shade under 25 if i recall.

6. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Absolutely correct Krishna, 32K is atrocious amount to charge. But I must appreciate that Fiat dealers are providing the option to buy insurance from outside. Some other car dealers are absolutely reluctant to let customers buy insurance from outside. However, I was pushing the dealer to match quote from outside for insurance but couldn't succeed. They were like you get it from outside if you want but we'll sell you at this price only if you buy it from us.

I am also planning to get the insurance from Bajaj Allianz. They seem to have most reasonable rates compared with others which I have spoken to. Please share your contact details. I need to talk to you regarding the process involved and other intricacies.

I was trying to push dealer to give me zero dep in the same price because of tie up that FG has with dealer network initially. Later I found that its available at much cheaper prices outside. Which one did you get?
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    They are just gaining from the customer's ignorance. They only sell cars. They can refuse to deliver a car without insurance / registration (at least temp), but have no rights to force the buyer to get it done through them.

Rajan
  8. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Bharti AXA , a good , efficient experience.
  9. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    I got insurance done yesterday. Thanks to Puchoo, Krishna, Ilblr and Rajan for the inputs. Ilblr had shared the contact details and I had spoken to him before going for the deal. Thank you so much Sir it was a pleasure :).

Hey guys one more question - is the chassis number and VIN number one and the same in Fiat cars? I asked Madhu for details to get insurance done and he informed me that chassis number is same as VIN. I quoted VIN while purchasing insurance policy. But was checking chassis number in the insurance policy of WagonR and there chassis number was only the serial number at the time of manufacture, which is part of VIN number. Can you please tell me what is chassis number supposed to be in the insurance policy? Full VIN or just serial number stamped at the time of manufacturing?
  10. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    IIRC, you can check the chasis and engine number on 2 similar small plates embossed with both the details. These can be found at the front passenger seat beneath the foot mat and in the boot beneath the boot mat, just beside the spare tyre.

The same can be found in the RC aswell. Easy to refer to. But RC may have typos. When you buy a new car and is registered it is always good to cross check with the details on the plates mentioned above. Just to be sure. If not correct then get them corrected immediately at the local RTO.

I faintly remember the chasis number to be same as the VIN. The last 3 characters were the same as the VIN (KNZ in my case). Will confirm after checking.

Edit: Just checked the soft copy of my Car's insurance policy and the chasis number is indeed the full VIN number, i.e starts with MCA and ends with KNZ.