1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Extended Warranty

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by prashant mohan, Mar 28, 2015.

1. prashant mohan

prashant mohan Timido

India
    Hello Friends ,

My Friend booked a car on March 20th expecting the delivery to be on 29th March. Today we got a call from the dealer stating that the car has come and called us for the PDI. He also informed us the extended warranty component is removed by Fiat from March 24th onwards due to legal issue. Extended warranty was also a primary reason to opt Fiat. Dealer is not clear about this issue now, They said it might continue or may not. Anyone facing similar problems???
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Legal issues Duh. The dealer is BSing you. Fiat in its recent ad has mentioned 5X5 offers where it is providing extended warranty of 2 yrs in addition to the standard 3 yrs. If the dealer still maintains his stand, talk to Fiat India and get it clarified.
    pabhishek likes this.
  3. prashant mohan

prashant mohan Timido

India
    Hello Ghodlur,

The dealer was correct. Called up fiat directly and mailed mangesh too about this issue. Got a reply too- Temporarily extended warranty is discontinued for their products. The dealer team will contact us & offer the same in due course of time..
  4. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Surprising, then what is FIAT advertising about this 5x5 offer. I totally agree to that point that 5 yr warranty is something that FIAT had to brag about and this too was one of the points considered when I finalized my car. Any timelines mentioned by them to revive the EW.
  5. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    I don't think EW is discontinued for cars already sold before a particular date. There is no reason to worry for such cases. Fact that they are discontinuing now would be some legal issue only and product specific issue. They may be trying to resolve in the background. However, for now, people would/should definitely take this into consideration before buying. I must say that EW contributed to my decision of buying the TJet, though at that time, I paid for it as it was not free when I bought.
    PradeepM likes this.
  6. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    In the same boat. At the time of booking, The dealer KHT fiat mention that I can avail the extended warranty for my April 2015 purchased - (March booked ) Linea MJD emotion. He said let the vehicle come and I can swipe the card for EW.
    Now they are refusing it saying that it is stopped from March 23!!

It (5 yrs or 1.5Lakh kms) was one of the deciding factors to go with Linea against all popular advices I got.
    At-least they would have communicated that at the time of booking. Called FIAT customer care and raised a request/complaint. Awaiting response.
  7. abhishekpachore

abhishekpachore Amatore

Pune
    You can buy EW any time before ending of your normal 3 yrs warranty. So I don’t think there is any problem. Once FIAT starts EW program in future go and buy it.
  8. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    What if they don't, ?
    Also the i think cost of EW would be higher than availing it now if at all I get it after 2 years.
    Wondering why they have advertised much about 5x5 offer if they have to stop it in the same month?

The dealer would have told at the time of booking itself about this.
  9. abhishekpachore

abhishekpachore Amatore

Pune
    EW is outsourced from external vendor. It might happened that they published ad and next day vendor came and said I will be not provide this facility onwards as I have some issue. I don’t see any issue with FIAT dealer in this they clearly said they don’t have EW facility right now. Same case happened with one of my friend which went to showroom for booking and they informed that EW warranty has been stopped and will start in coming two to three months. Regarding cost increase in coming years no idea.
  10. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The fiat customer care repeats the same that they stopped EW. No prospective dates are confirmed.

Good to know that your friends' dealer informed at the time of booking. The dealer did not inform me. They even provided the amount to be paid for EW. That left me peeved. The FIAT website still shows EW details. It is like you buy something and next day the manufacturer says we stopped warranty from yesterday!

Fellow TFIAn Pradeep even paid, got EW details from Dealer but it is not updated in FIAT's databse. They say it is stopped!