1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Extended Warranty Scam - Beware

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by PatchyBoy, Sep 13, 2013.

1. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    The booklet is not required. All you need is the policy number. The booklet does not mention anything about your policy number, it just has the T & C.

The policy document would be like this. but if you have the policy number, that will do.

Recently, i need the policy number for a EW claim but the document was at home. The SC guys mailed to the plant and figured out the policy number in a couple of hrs.
  2. pandemd

pandemd Novizio

Pune
    Hi,
    Please elaborate this "Fiat Online Portal". Can you please share the link ?
    Thanks,
    Milind Pande
  3. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Dear Srida, Its not only the EW book You should have received it in a letter the EW Certificate, please check for that if not you can request for a new one and receive through Post.
    1 person likes this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    The document says policy issued by Future Generali & Europ Assistance.

Ext warranty.jpg
  5. pandemd

pandemd Novizio

Pune
    Dear All,
    I would like to share a experience with you. One can understand how knowledgeable the sales team is. I took delivery of my Linea in last month. At that time, I was given all the the documents except Original Invoice, Original Insurance Policy, and Extended Warranty Certificate and booklet. I asked the Sales person about this and his answers were like this.
    1. For Original Invoice - I was told, Original Invoice is sent to RTO and I will be getting it in a day or two. I was given a photocopy of the same. I said OK to him, but I have not yet received the same.
    2. For Original Insurance Policy - I was given a photocopy and was told Original Policy will be delivered to my home address. But till today it is not yet received.
    3. For Extended Warranty - This is ridiculous; I was told, there is no such thing in fiat, extended warranty details are registered in the system, as soon as any claim is made, the system will automatically adjust the bill, if any part is found faulty.

I was not satisfied with his answers, so kept following and also raised a complaint for Extended Warranty Certificate and Original Invoice with the Customer Care of the dealer. Today at about 12:30 pm, after more than one month, I got a call and I was advised to collect these two documents from the dealership.
    This is about Sky Moto Fiat, KSB Chowk, Chinchwad, Pune. This is a comparatively new dealership so this could be the reason behind unawareness of the staff.
    I don't know now, was they delaying it purposely or not.

Thanks,
    Milind Pande
    1 person likes this.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Europe Assistance is the TPA or Third Party Administrator and point of contact for us/dealers. FG is the Insurance Provider. It works just like a medical insurance policy would work.

for my EW, it is Global and New India Insurance Company!
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
    1 person likes this.