1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Extended Warranty Scam - Beware

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by PatchyBoy, Sep 13, 2013.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Indeed!
    I was just elaborating on how the dealership is making money using this scam :)
    1 person likes this.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Although the dealer is common for Tata and Fiat cars, would the same logic be applicable for Fiat cars as well? We have been hearing some fabulous remarks about KHT Vecto dealer & workshop experience. But it is always good to ensure that the EW is registered with a valid certificate. Is there any way we can ensure that apart from the certificate, the EW is actually registered with Future generali or Europ Assistance?
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    KHT was never able to match the service experience I received from Concorde. I believe it is the same with many others on this forum. Unfortunately they are not in scene anymore as afar as FIAT is concerned.
    2 people like this.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Its Global Administration Services or Europe Assistance. Not future.

I think having the policy booklet should be enough as that has a policy number
  5. kb10

kb10 Amatore

Pune
    Hi All,
    Since this topic is going on,I noticed that in the booklet which was given to me with the slips for service history,the SA did not mention the delivery date ( 1st slip of pre-inspection and delivery report).My car is 6 months old and I also did my 1st checkup ( 5000 kms or 6 mths) successfully.
    Will that be a cause of any issue in future and should I get it updated?
  6. pradeepg245

pradeepg245 Amatore

Hyderabad
    How can we check if the policy is actually registered?
  7. Desigan

Desigan

Chennai
    Call fiat online helpline and ask them to check the EW status. I did the same to verify mine. (18002095556)
    2 people like this.
  8. But Extended warranty cannot be purchased later on, it has to be registered at the time of purchase, trying to register it later will not work.

Again it cannot be registered at the time of a claim which will be a minimum of 2 years from the date of vehicle purchase.
    In case of Tata vehicles a lot more than 10% of customers claim extended warranty, and dealer cannot always take care of the expense as there is no binding that the customer use the service facilities of the dealer from where the vehicle is purchased, and the extended warranty is pan India, so the customer will be at a loss if he agrees to the dealer saying that he will cover expenses in case of claims, unless of course the dealer agrees to compensate the customer wherever the vehicle is repaired.
    1 person likes this.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    This arrangement would be unacceptable to me. When you take money from me offering to provide EW, by an insurer - you better do it. Period.

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  10. kb10

kb10 Amatore

Pune
    pls let me know abt my query posted earlier.