1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Extended Warranty Scam - Beware

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by PatchyBoy, Sep 13, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Guys,

A friend of mine warned me of this. There is a serious discussion going on about this here.

Here are the details - there are at least 2 cases reported, that the dealership has charged for EW and issued receipt as well, but have not registered the same with the provider. When a EW claim was made, that is when the scam came to light. No idea if there are more such cases, that have gone undetected as no claims were made.

The dealership claims that one employee swindled that amount and has been fired. But that does not absolve them of the responsibility, does it? Sad outcome of this fiasco - the owner of the affected vehicle was contemplating on buying a Punto, but has now bought a Honda, as he lost confidence with the dealer in question.

So, buyers of cars from this dealership - They also have FIAT exclusive now - please make sure your EW is registered properly.

Rajan
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
    prabhjot, Sathish_UPS and naveen2cool like this.
  2. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Thanks for bringing this up Rajan.
    I request every one to get the EW certificate even though the dealer might say that it is registered on the system.
    It is clearly mentioned in the booklet that the EW certificate is necessary in bold letters.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Do not have FB access in office. which dealership/s are found culprit?
  4. Desigan

Desigan

Chennai
    I too faced similar issue where I got a receipt from dealer for EW, but FIAT Online portal was not reflecting the EW details for my car(resolved last month) . I raised this issue with service center and somehow managed to get the EW policy no. for my car from the service center person. So now I have the policy no. which I can used for claiming any replacement.
  5. Sathish_UPS

Sathish_UPS Novizio

Bangalore
    Thanks Rajan for bringing it to us.

Details of FB Post:
    Hello All

Im a new member here. wanted some advice/assistance from you all.

I have (Safari GX 2010) bought from KHT Motors. I was issued an extended warranty document along with the delivery.

However recently during my service at Concorde Motors (hosur Road) i had requested for a change in a faulty switch of my AC under extended warranty. They came back stating KHT motors had not filed the extended warranty.

Would request anyone can help me connecting with a dealer Manager who can take this issue with KHT Motors.
    I had filed a complaint as well with your customer care.

Please help me here
    thanks once again
    2 people like this.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    From one of the post mate, its about Tata KHT dealer.

Just copy pasting to give you a glimpse:
    1 person likes this.
  7. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Its KHT and the car is Safari
    1 person likes this.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    This is a serious, shameless crime. Those who bought FIATs from this dealer recently should be really careful. They better check if their Ext warranty is registered.

FIAT is sure to lose some customers as this issue becomes "more" public. I am sure that this will be discussed on other forums too.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    It might have become a practice to delay the Ext warranty part while car purchase. Looks like they register it with EW company only if buyers pursue which i believe hardly 10% of them would. Not many people are unlucky enough to get the opportunity to claim Ext warranty so going by law of averages, in most of the claim cases, dealer can take care of the expense. Even then they will make big profits as this is how the insurance companies also work!!
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ True that the insurance company also works that way. But the dealership doing this is a fraud, nevertheless. Wouldn't that force you to go back to them, in case of issues? In this case, the guy in question went to another dealership and thus found out about the problem.

Rajan