1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Extended warranty, Really?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by theblack, Jun 2, 2013.

?

EW really?

1. Parts to be replaced without question?

14 vote(s)
    93.3%
  2. You are ok with juggad

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    After seeing so many folks on TFI alone worried so much about EW and that preventing them from doing things that they wish they could . I'm really curious to know how many here have really been able to make successful EW claims without "Much hassle" .

If possible please share details of parts replaced , kinds of questions you had to answer and the service centre that did the job for you.
    What i'm aiming to achieve thorough this is to actually know how easy or how difficult the status-quo is right now and would it make any sense at all to get into EW in the first place.

I've always maintained that EW is a nonsense especially in the indian context where the mechanics find out juggad ways of solving problems and claim that they are best because they resolved a particular issue , while in reality a part fails only when it fails.
    A stop gap arrangement is really not the actual solution is what i honestly feel.

I believe that parts when found faulty should be replaced without question unless the issue is trivial to resolve, mechanics and brands are here to sell good products, Or better put , customers SHOULD get good products .
    I dont find such horrible organization in other countries I've visited at least

My personal review.
    I had gone in for suspension spring noise and I was fooled into changing the strut pads while it didn't do me any good.
    Then i went again for the same problem this time "Concorde Mysore rd" greased up the drive shaft and things haven't faltered ever since.
    I fought as much as possible to get the shaft replaced under warranty but it was never honoured nor considered to say the least.
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
    3 people like this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Extended Warranty :- BIG NO.
    1 person likes this.
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Injectors,valves and such rare to fail components are being counted.
    I have Extended warranty,it is useless.
  4. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Hassles have come in with extended warranties done with GLOBAL.
    Now, the EW is by EUROP, which is hassle-free.
  5. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Extended warranty is just an eyewash. Its a marketing gimmick from FIAL.

What's really happening is that some parts are insured by FIAL through some insurance company & these claims are then serviced by a 3rd party. Since both the insurance company & 3rd party would like to make money, they reject the warranties outright or make it so tough that the customer just gives up.

In my case, my ac has been misbehaving ever since I bought my car 3 years back. Every summer I had to take it to the ASS for ac problem in summer. Since the car was in warranty, I didn't face many problems but this year it was out of warranty & I have faced quite some problems with extended warranty.

You can read all about it http://www.teamfiat.co.in/minor-issues-questions/9727-linea-tjet-c-problem.html
  6. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    Glow plug not cover in Warranty, it is covered in extended warranty only:uh :?: , thereafter major Service Center refuse to replace it in extended warranty.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I feel we all need to make a strong point against this harrasment and put and end to this.
    Its so frustrating that these days I dont even argue and any SA who comes with an objection (no matter how polite he is) . I outright tell him that this whole EW is a FU***ING nonsense you will never honour it and will make me run around for months , better just replace the damn thing and i will pay for it.
    EW is only a new concept anyway , olden cars AFAIK didn't have such kind of things . You change something you pay for it.

Because of this when i recently bought a new 2 wheeler I saved 4K on it by rejecting EW on it and i told him the exact same sentence as well. He was shocked and had nothing to say, Neither did I!!

- - - Merged Post - - -

rsinfo: why dont you approach the courts?
  8. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Trying to sort out with FIAL first. If it fails, then I don't see any other option.
  9. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    I have saved over 20K on the EW warranty. My fuel pump failed twice and was replaced both times without any hassles from Fiat. My clutch failed earlier on Std. Warranty and that was replaced under that. Anyway I got it free during the sale so no complaints :). Even if not free, I would have taken it up due to the low cost at that time. I personally think Murphy can strike anytime (these days even more so) so it makes sense to have a safety net. That said though, no way I am buying extra warranties on electronics or appliances due to the rate of obsolescence.