1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Extended Warranty on Fiat Car:- Details & coverd parts

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by BoseSuman, Oct 8, 2012.

1. ca raman

ca raman Timido

WANI
    TIGER LAND T A D O B A
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have Punto 2012 Model Purchased in the month of March 2013. I would like to know the period of Warranty and how can I purchase extended warranty?
  2. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    Dear ca raman,

please check with the dealer, it seems fiat is not providing extended warranty as of now due to some issues with the partner.

Thanks
  3. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR
    In continuation to my query, and enlightenment, @prabhjot I got the leaking boot struts changed under extended warranty. They are priced at 800 each, and labor 90 for each side. Strange part: Oberoi said it ain't covered, while Kashyap changed it without a fuss. Approvals came in a matter of hours! Bill = 0 ! View attachment Clapping.gif Must appreciate !!

At the risk of being slightly off topic prices from other common brands:

@sandipan_r15 :

Vista : 265/- Swift: 449/-, i20 old : 650 ish!

<All have aftermarkets available, not so for the less common Punto!>
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @puntophile

Your next car, if it is any c-segment sedan other than the Linea will be even better: they all have i believe? intrusive hinges rather than gas struts for the boot! (said in mirth:p;))
  5. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR
    @prabhjot : that there is no dearth,...but it will be an Abarth!
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    FIAT has stopped giving extended warranty a week after publicizing much about their so called 5x5 offer
  7. FiatVenky

FiatVenky Timido

Bangalore
    Dear Friends,
    I paid for extended warranty during purchase of my Punto and have the invoice given by Prerana motors (now vecto motors) in Bangalore. However Extended Warranty has not updated on their system.
    Last week AC compressor stopped working (after 2.5 years of purchase), and sad part is that I could not locate extended warranty booklet nor the certificate.
    Will Vecto motors respect the invoice and grant extended warranty? Need your advice to get through this issue.
    Thanks,
    Venky
  8. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR
    Same thing happened for me, but that was in 2013. If you have paid in time, and have the receipt showing it was towards extended warranty only, and not any thing else, it will be honoured. The problem is extended warranty is provided by Europe Assistance in tie up with National Insurance and not by FIAT or dealers. The responsibility to get it through, however, lies on the dealer entirely.
  9. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Clutch replacement+CSC+CMC - are these covered in extended warranty?
    Mine is already done 51000kms. Please let me know. My car was bought at True Sai motors Salem.
    Can anybody advice. EW (Europ Assistance) says Clutch parts are covered. But, somewhere is says only under breakdown condition.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^Well clutch replacement would be covered if fass finds any problem with it. I read in the other thread that you have got your car serviced outside fass in which case you can forget about the extended warranty. It will never get approved!
    whitepunto76 likes this.