1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Extended Warranty on Fiat Car:- Details & coverd parts

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by BoseSuman, Oct 8, 2012.

1. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    But I got winder replaced under EW!!.
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad

The booklet is not needed, the booklet does not have anything related to your extended warranty subscription. You must have another printout with the EW Policy Number. However, FIAT would have the details of your car in the database, so no issues.

Rubber/Fiber pipes etc are not covered. The Steering noise would mostly be due to failing Suspension Strut pads - Wear and Tear parts not covered. Same goes for the suspension unless your car has run really low and it has not given up due to Wear and tear.

Our friend has shared the PDF version of the Manual here, it clearly mentions what is covered and what is not.

Ensure the FASS actually requested the claim, they are sometimes Lazy to do so and blame FIAT. The EW people normally ask the SC to send the full service history of your vehicle for EW claims, im guessing the SC delayed or hasn't sent these details causing the overall delay.

I normally get EW approvals in about 2 working days max.
  3. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    My Punto is a 2010 model and im on extended warranty now. The right side brake calipers locking screw lost its thread and now the SA says, the entire assembly needs to be changed.

I asked if it is covered under extended warranty and immediately the answer is a NO.

I read the book mentioned in this thread and it says, brake calipers are covered under extended warranty. I have changed my brake pads twice and my discs once all based service center advice so far.

Please help me with the details on whom to email my issue and how to fight this out.

I had approached Ramkay FIAT service center in Chennai.

Thanks
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Manufacturing defects only. Damage due to Wear and tear is not covered.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk.
  5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Does anyone know if central lock actuator's on the door are covered under EW?
  6. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    yes. I got it replaced under EW
    1 person likes this.
  7. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Bangalore
    Guys, My GP Nov.2011 purchased... done 26400kms... is having an issue with the Clutch... There is a increase in the rev, but no pulling power.
    Wanted to know, if this can be covered in extended warranty.
  8. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Is Door Lock Covered in EW ? I know this has been asked a couple of times here, but no concrete information.

Did you replace only the actuator or door locks too under EW ? Thanks in advance.
  9. RNR

RNR Timido

Hi ,
    In my case Service centre refused the extended warranty for elastic pads. But when I complained to fiat they resolved the issue and elastic pads replacement is approved under warranty. Replacement Job is to be done tomorrow.
  10. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR
    The latest EW booklet, that I received from FIAT.

While it is not so clearly mentioned in the booklet, if the boot struts were covered, I would like to ask the same to you guys.

I noticed today morning, that the struts had leaked some time back, and there was the tell tale dust trail on the leak and the loose feel of the boot.

And this, after not letting anyone handle the boot, especially company parking and malls etc.

On the other hand, does it make sense to repair the struts? It is used infrequently, and there are people who repair the main shockers after leaks. Why not these?

Attached Files: