1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Extended Warranty on Fiat Car:- Details & coverd parts

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by BoseSuman, Oct 8, 2012.

1. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Any idea if the power window setup is covered in Extended Warranty? I hear both yes and no from the either of the Service Centers here in Chennai
  2. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Read the extended warranty booklet. That's the best advise I can give right now.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Power window motors are covered.
  4. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You are correct - only motors; if issue with winding then it is not covered.
  5. adigabnp

adigabnp Amatore

BengaLooru
    BengaLooru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi all,

My Punto is 30 months old now and has covered 79,900 kms. My vehicle is currently under extended warranty which will continue for the next 18 months.

I need to get the glow plug changed since I see a warning on the MID.

I have been told by the SA that the glow plug may not be covered under the extended warranty after 75,000 or 80,000 kms.

Do anyone know if this is true?
  6. Emsworth

Emsworth Timido

NCR
    My Punto's left-rear door lock isn't working properly - it can be opened/locked manually but the central/auto locking doesn't work. Any clue if this is covered in the warranty? Asking 'cos it's Fiat's habit to first respond with a 'No' to any goddamned query. Which then means a series of angry emails before they finally concede the point....
  7. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If U are in warranty period than yes this is covered. Take it to the FASS they will do needful... Here I am not sure about extended warranty...

This is common problem with Punto...... If you are not in warranty period, may be they will do as good will to you....
  8. Emsworth

Emsworth Timido

NCR
    Yeah, it's in the extended warranty period right now - will complete four years this Dec 31st.

So far the extended warranty process seems to be:

1. Part fails (usually within 2 months of the previous trip) - usually minor (but still, very, very aggravating)
    2. Leave it for Extended Warranty work on a weekday since Fiat's systems don't operate on weekends
    3. Warranty denied
    4. Fight it out on Email and get the warranty support / Get it fixed by paying if you don't want to spend time on this
    5. Goto 1

Anyone out there who's succeeded with an EW claim for the door locks?

cheers...
  9. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    To claim extended warranty coverage does one have to show the extended warranty booklet or do they have the information fed into their database? Anyone has any idea - because I will have to look for mine although I am sure that I had taken up an extended warranty at the time of purchase.

There's an oil pipe somewhere in the top centre when the bonnet is opened, which has started leaking and the workshop said that it will not be covered. I have different kind of sounds coming from the steering while turning and from the front suspension while going over speed breakers. I am sure they must be some parts needing replacement and hope that they will be covered as well.
  10. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    Extended warranty procedure takes much longer time. I am not happy with that. My punto has problem in rear window as winder is not working properly. I have asked FASS to apply for EW . They did the same on last friday. Still there is no reply from Fiat!!. FASS people told me that Saturday is holiday for Fiat that's why this delay.