1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Extended Warranty on Fiat Car:- Details & coverd parts

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by BoseSuman, Oct 8, 2012.

1. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys, I have completed my 3rd Service successfully. My regular warranty will expire on 18th Nov. 2013. SA suggested to go for extended warranty. However, they checked and told that the new FIAT system does not have anything for extended warranty for old cars. Still they will check and let me know. Is it the real case that old cars having a valid warranty cannot opt for extended warranty?
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  2. krish1484

krish1484 Novizio

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    My Linea TJet is now 20 days old and I have an option to go for extended warranty at the same cost that was quoted during my purchase provided I take it within 30 days. I would like to get expert opinion here whether extended warranty will be good enough and would have a decent cost savings once the comprehensive of 3 years gets over.:confused:
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Normally the extended warranty buying options is open to all new buyers if purchased within a specific period of time. I guess you overlooked at that time. I dont think so Fiat would be so generous to provide you the EW at this stage. I guess you will have to live with it.

See the above issue. I am sure you will now realize the imp of having the EW for that extra peace of mind. I would suggest you to get the EW ASAP.
  4. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Did my Punto's 3rd servicing yesterday in Manickbag Fiat,Hubli service centre.Service done without warranty or EW.
    1st owner of my Punto had invoiced car before 31st dec 2011 & took delivery on 25th jan 2012,so service guys said your warranty is lapsed,i and my dad thought warranty is still applicable till 25th jan delivery date but Fiat & its dealers put my dad in confusion yesterday.Got extended warranty yesterday but they said sir extended warranty will be applicable only after some days & not from now.In manual it is mentioned for warranty that its applicable from delivery date i.e 25th jan but Fiat didnt mentioned in its manual that its applicable from invoice date i.e before 31st dec 2011.3rd service bill came 14k something & extended warranty 6876/-,Total damage to my dad pocket 21k,no warranty & no EW was applicable in 3rd service,pity.Members plz help
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ usually they don't sell extended warranty to customers whose normal warranty has lapsed. not sure how they did that for you. i would suggest to call Fiat CC and verify about your warranty/extended warranty and see what they have to say. if its not satisfactory then shoot an email with all the required details.
  6. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    My car's rear right side lock is not working and the service guy told me it needs to get replace and costing around 3500, Pls tell me is it covered under extended warranty?
  7. ashish27

ashish27 Novizio

Chandigarh
    Go for it !!! Peace of mind to you... :)
    1 person likes this.
  8. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Yes if normal warranty was lapsed how did they gave extended warranty?Confused,seems dealer is something upto here.Ya sure will call Fiat CC tomo & will verify about my Punto's warranty/extended warranty details & will also shoot a mail with all required details to Fiat India & Mangesh sir.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Did the service guy confirm if it can be replaced under EW coz the EW booklet doesnt show the door looks either in the inclusions nor in the exclusions. I guess its left to the workshop to decide.
    1 person likes this.
  10. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    The door latch is covered in extended warranty.... I got the rear left door latch replaced under the same. The price of latch was around 1900 INR. I suggest u to check with the service advisor. .. lock should also be covered

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.