1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Extended Warranty on Fiat Car:- Details & coverd parts

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by BoseSuman, Oct 8, 2012.

1. hellovineet

hellovineet Timido

New Delhi
    Hello,

My car's front left shock absober was behaving erracticly and has sound like tuk tuk always for sometime. It was as if I dont even have a shock absorber. my Original Warranty expired on 31st OCt 2012...and I am on extended warranty. I got it checked with the service center and they replaced it. But they said since the car is not in break down condition, it is not covered in the warranty..This is somehow not digestable to me as what could be a breakdown condition in this case? The breakage of shock absorber while it is running and causing accident?

How valid are their arguments? Where can I go for it?

Also in right front wheel drum where studs are screwed for the tyres (4 studs), one of the hole's thread is gone. Now the stud is running free. The second opposite is about to loose its thread. Service guy said, the drum needs to be changed and it will again be not in warranty as it is not breakdown.

I am somehow not able to find any logic in his arguments. Is it true that this also does not cover in extended warranty? Can anyone help me in it?
  2. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    I have an october 2009 punto with united assurance extended warranty.

My question is "Are the labour charges related to faulty part covered under extended warranty?"

My vehicle had a starting issue and the service advisor has told me that this is a timing issue and they are doing timing adjustments. He has given an estimate of Rs. 6000 to me for the same.

Are the timing related parts covered under extended warranty?

Vehicle details: punto petrol 1.2 and 53k kms done.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
  3. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Is the Body Control Module (BCM) covered under extended warranty.

Since it involves huge amount of labour and lots of tunings. Does that will also be covered under extended warranty if BCM us replaced.

Please help

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
  4. My car has just crossed 33000 KMS and one fine day the car started shaking on applying brakes. I was told that the disc is damaged and requires replacement. Though its covered under warranty, the warranty claim was refused. While I still got the discs replaced, I was wondering if the disc should wear out so quickly. I've driven Fiat Uno for over 100000 KMS and the disc wore out after 85000 KMS. There is something seriously wrong with Fiat Honouring its warranty. I strongly believe that they have added parts to the warranty coverage without thinking about it and since most Fiat users are informed ones, they are now having a tough time handling queries.

BTW, I wrote to service@fiapl.com, but got a response from dynamictatafiat@gmail.com. Looks like they are sharing information with dealers and holding them accountable for warranty repairs. This is a bad way to manage dealers and customers. They have also removed the ceo's corner from the website. I hope the new CEO is listening. The foundation laid down by Mr Kapoor should not go down the drain.
  5. vinod_s

vinod_s Timido

mumbai
    i have linea t-jet, march 2011 delivery date, having 2 years extended warranty. driven till date only 13000 km. when i went for servicing on 25th april 2013, balaji autoworld at ghodbunder road, thane told me that i will not get free service as its expired, even he says that my extended warranty also got expired because i didnt went for servicing in march 2013. can anyone guide me about it ? Do I really loose extended warranty ? and if I am late by two months though my km is clocked only 13000 km, am i not entitled to free service ?
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    To be eligible for warranty and extended warranty claim, you should have completed the scheduled services on time. Your cars service is delayed by a month. If you have good contact with an SA or someone responsible at the SC, just check how you can woraround this situation. Losing both warranty and extended warranty is not a nice situation.
  7. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    Need some advice. During scheduled service the wiper pump was damaged. I noticed it after driving home. TASS agree to replace it and after struggle of 3 months and escalation to FIAT the part arrived. I was charged 800 Rs. Later I checked the extended warranty coverage, the part is covered.

Can I get the money back or re-factor it for another purpose?
    1 person likes this.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    First record it with FIAT and the dealership and then ask for a refund.
    When the service center asks for feedback, ask them to call after a week or more. Because we dont identify most of the post-service issues in the first 2-3 days, we end up giving good feedback and then issues start poping up one by one. So hold the feedback for a few days until you do some driving after service.
    1 person likes this.
  9. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    Opened a service query from FIAT website. Let's see how it goes. Interestingly, I never received a feedback call.
  10. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    Yesterday, my punto was taken to the workshop run by TASS at Rajahmundry as there was leak from the AC evaporator. I was that the entire dash needs to be removed to check and replace the unit. I was keeping my fingers crossed as to how much I would be billed. I was quite surprised when the TASS called up to say the car was ready and the entire cost of replacement parts were covered under extended warranty. All I was charged Rs. 2700 for labour. Got the delivery of the car with improved cooling efficiency.
    2 people like this.