1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Extended Warranty on Fiat Car:- Details & coverd parts

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by BoseSuman, Oct 8, 2012.

1. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    First, all of us not aware of the extended warranty details & may not be opted for the same.

So, here are the details which will help new buyers and those are near to 2 years manufacturers warranty.

First we need to know what is Enhanced or Extended warranty:-
    Extended warranty is one policy which is valid for 26 months after expiration of Manufacturers warranty.
    This Policy will expire on completion of 50 months or AT 1,50,000.00 Kms from the date of purchase whichever is earlier.

Duration of cover: - 26 months extended warranty in addition to the manufacturer’s warranty.

Maximum Claim Liability:-

Ex-showroom price of the vehicle.

Warranty Details

PARTS Covered:-

Engine:- All Parts including cylinder block & all bearings, cylinder head, head gasket, oil pump & drive, crankshaft, flywheel & ring gear, timing gear, camshaft, cam follower, valves ( excluding burnt & pitted valve), valve gear, pistons, connecting rod, gudgeon pin, inlet & exhaust manifolds, turbo, intercooler units where factory fitted.

Clutch: - Clutch pressure plate, Clutch disc, release bearing, master and slave cylinder. (Failure due to worn or burnt clutches is not covered).

Transmission: - Internal gears, shafts, synchromesh rings and Hub, bushes, selector forks, gear leaver, bearing & bushes (Failure due to worn or burnt clutches is not covered).

Coolant: - Radiator, water pump, reservoir, thermostat, engine oil cooler (failure due to external damage or corrosion is not covered).

Steering system: - Rack & Pinion, Steering box, column, shaft bearings, couplings, power steering pump, pressure pipes, and reservoir.

Front Wheel Drive: - Drive shaft & coupling, constant velocity joints, hub, drive flange.

Fuel system:- Fuel pump, injectors, Throttle body with all sensors & actuators, Fuel tank and cap, Fuel rail, Fuel vapor purge valve, canisters, fuel pipes, vapour release valve, IAC valve, pressure regulator.

Brake system: - Servo, master cylinder, wheel cylinder, diesel vacuum pump, caliper, discs (excluding brake pad/liners), drums, handbrake lever & ratchet, ABS Pump, ABS control unit, ABS sensors.

Suspension: - Shock absorbers (restricted to leakage) bush/mechanical failures, control arms, upper and lower wishbones, springs. Strut mounting bearings.

Casings: - Should failure of any of the components covered result in damage to the casing, then they will also be covered and will constitute part of the maximum claim liability.

As for such parts as tyre, batteries, music system not manufactured by FIAT this warranty shall not apply.
    This warranty shall not cover normal wear & tear or any inherent normal deterioration of the car or any of its part arising from the actual usage of the car or any damage due to negligent or improper operation or storage of the car. This warranty shall not apply to normal maintenance services viz. oils & fluid changes, head lamps focusing, fastener tightening, wheel balancing, tyre rotation, adjustment of valve clearance, fuel timing, ignition timing and consumables like bulbs, fuel filters & oil filters etc.

Emission Warranty

26 months extended warranty or 80000 kms whichever is earlier.

Parts covered:-

Petrol Engine:-

Exhaust System: - EGR Valve, EGR actuation system.

Ignition System: - Ignition Coil, Ignition switch.

Engine Maintenance system:- Water temp sensors, crank angle sensors, vehicle speed sensor, ECU, absolute pressure sensor, Lambada sensors, Knock sensor, cam phase sensor, body computers.

Diesel Engines:-

Exhaust systems: - EGR Valve, EGR actuation system.

Intake system: - Air Intake, Air temp sensors.

Fuel system: - Assembly fuel injection pump, Assembly injector.

Cold start system: - Glow plug, Glow plug timer.

Engine Maintenance system: - Crank angle sensor, vehicle speed sensor, water temp sensor, all sensors & actuators, body computers, ECU.
    Some parts pertaining to emission warranty are incorporated in the mechanical breakdown cover.

Electrical System ( all models):- Starter motor and solenoid, alternator, coil, wiper and washer motor, window motors, fan motors, switches and instruments cluster, relay, horn, a/c switches, cluster.

Air conditioning (all models):- Compressor, condenser, evaporator and clutch magnet, blower motors, A/C thermostat.

ABS & Air Bag System:- ABS Pump, Air Bag ECU, ABS sensors.
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
    15 people like this.
  2. PuntoSingh

PuntoSingh Amatore

Faridabad
    NCR
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ thanks you Suman. This is very useful.This help me remind that i have yet to pick my Extended warranty booklet :up
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Just to add that we can't generalize the warranty terms for Fiat Cars. For the T-Jet, the warranty (including extended) is applicable for 50 months from the date of purchase or 1,96,000 Kms whichever comes earlier.
  4. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Shock absorbers (restricted to leakage) bush/mechanical failures, control arms, upper and lower wishbones, springs. Strut mounting bearings

For the above there is a restriction of 35k km. However I bought my car+extended warranty in Sept, 2009.
    There may be changes in newer warrannty terms.

See atached.
    KHTClaimDoc.JPG
  5. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Guys don't get confused here, extended warranty is covered only under break down circumstance. Parts worn out due to usage is not covered.

This includes for suspension also, my Punto is April 2010 had elastic pads issue. As per Concorde and KHT replacement is only under Fiat warranty(2yrs). Sent mail to fiat got the same response as this is as per their Terms and conditions.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  6. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    @Fiat-Yamaha,
    Yes may be right, its not like a warranty, rather insurance against break down.
    I am wondering If I had not crossed 35k would they accept my claim ?
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Suman for summing up Extended warranty !! Oopsi! I should opt for it yet! Its been 3 months + now.
  8. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    The last time I inquired about extended warranty, I was told that my car would have to be parked at the dealership for about a week, while they decide whether to provide EW or not.:confused That was the last time I mentioned the words extended warranty.
  9. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Is air conditioning covered under Extended warranty ? I am worried as I have already got the O ring changed twice under warranty & the standard warranty is ending this month.
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Not entirely true - I had replaced a something on my Punto last month on EW and it was all done within same day. The approval process is what it takes time and rest if all how your dealer fixes the issue.