1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Extended Warranty - not received

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by Crazy_Eddy, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Crazy_Eddy

Crazy_Eddy Novizio

Having trouble with our Fiat Linea's 2 year extended warranty.
    It doesn't exist in their 'system', and neither have we been handed our extended warranty booklet.
    As of now the only proof we have of the 2 year warranty is the car's invoice stating we've paid for the extended warranty.

When the issue resurfaced day before (A/C conked out again :A ), the CRM at the centre gave us the 'inside story'. Said Fiat has migrated their system to a new one, and in the process, details for nearly half the cars have been wiped out. The new system only allows extended warranty dates to reflect from the day its created and not before. So cars like mine which are already in their extended warranty period cannot be issued one, and hence such cars are handled on a case to case basis. All this is fine if it was transparent, except for the fact that each time the car develops an issue (and this is very often) the A.S.S. stops in the middle of work saying 'oops, there's no extended warranty on your car'.

Now since he says 'half the cars' are affected, is there anyone else facing this issue or is this story all made up?
    In any case, is Mangesh still the go-to guy at Fiat to help with something like this?

Thanks in advance :)

P.s.: Is this the right section for this?
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  2. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Extended Warranty problem is cropping up with me also.I just applied for extended warranty when there were 7days left for the main warranty to expire.I got the invoice but never got the booklet.I need to strike mails for the same i guess! :D

3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

The old insurance company is replaced by new but the records there. In my case there was no problem in availing extended warranty for changing CSC in July2011 and rack of my March 2009 Linea amotion MJD completed 56000 Kms.however the registration number mentioned aganist my chasis number was wrong as the TASS guy told me in most of the cases since most of the time the extended warranty is done before the registration number come.No problem with this too.
  4. rajankamboj

Extended warranty booklet not received even after two months

I have not received extended warranty booklet for TJET Plus (purchased from Satluj Motors Mandi on 13th July 2012.After a lot of persuasion with SR of Satluj motors all i could manage is an email from Satluj motors confirming my extended warranty.
    Extended warranty.jpg

On inquiry about extended warranty booklet , TASS seemed totally ignorant.I was asked to get in touch with Territory Manager Chandigarh. I already had a bad experience with TM chandigarh as he never used to respond to any calls or messages sent to him(TASS also has the same experience with this man).

Now I would like to know whether the above Email is sufficient or i should press for the extended warranty booklet.

5. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    My SA had informed me that Extended Warranty has to be applied for during the first year of ownership itself, not in the second. Not just this, the car has to be parked at TASS for one whole week, while it is being decided whether extended warranty will at all be provided or not. :A On hearing this, I never uttered another word about EW.