1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Explore Goa

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by sungoa2010, Apr 8, 2012.

1. @sungoa, I'm planning to drive to Goa from Coimbatore by Dec18. Planing to visit Udupi and Murudeshwara en-route. Need help on the route info and road conditions. Have booked my stay at Emerald Palms.

Dec 18 - CBE-Udupi
    Dec 19 - Udupi to Goa
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Roads are generally good. Monsoon might have made some portions bad. From Manglore to Udupi road widening work has been completed recently. So there wont be any problems. One can expect bad roads in some portion like Bhatkal. Night drive should be avoided. In my Punto I started from cochin at 5:30 amand reached Manglore at 3PM. Manglore to Udupi can be done with a good average speed. Udupi to Murudeswar is around 120 kms. If you want to stay at Murudeswar RNS residency will be one good option. They have some beach facing resorts.

If you don't want to enter manglore city for food you can consider Hotel Suraj International at Suratkal(1-2 km before NIT) for vegetarian food. Next option will be Udupi.
    Hotel kidiyoor is very old and good(my friend told me). Recently Goa had affected badly by rain. So expect some bad stretches near Goa. Let me find out the recent information from our institute drivers. Will PM you later.

Emerald palms is in Varca beach around 12 kms from Madgaon.
    -sun
    1 person likes this.
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Emerald Palms is a wonderful place to stay. Have stayed there in last Feb. Good staff as well.
    1 person likes this.
  4. gauravp

gauravp Amatore

Pune
    i am travelling to Goa on this Saturday (not in my Tjet but in hired Xylo) :( . request you all to suggest some good places to visit..we are staying at Morjim beach in La Veincia resort...don't know how it is ..booked it through makemytrip...if anyone has some reviews about it, pls let me know
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Why the Tjet is not part of trip:confused:

Morjim itself is a very good location. You can access all beatiful north Goa beaches very easily via the bridge near Oxel. Up to candolim it is good. Fort Agoda is also a good place. You can have river cruise in panjim. Booking can be done at GTDC office Goa. OLD goa is a nice place. The churches there are fantastic also the museum. Then you can visit Donapola near Panjim(yellow circle). There are lot of temples in Ponda(east goa). Shanta Durga is a one of them. GTDC people will be able give details of other places.
    Please drop a PM to thomman85 who had recently visited and could be able to give details of river cruise.

morjim.jpg

Please contribute to this thread and give us a detailed travelogue. All the best
    2 people like this.
  6. gauravp

gauravp Amatore

Pune
    thank you Sungoa for the information...will surely write a TL once i return back
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Below is the Bambolim-Donapola road which runs parallel to Zuari river
    DSC02562.JPG

DSC02564.JPG

Donapola-Panjim road which runs parallel to beach.
    DSC02608.JPG

Busy Miramar beach entrance
    DSC02610.JPG

DSC02611.JPG

An empty road in panjim on Sunday evening
    DSC02618.JPG

DSC02620.JPG
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    3 people like this.
  9. Doing this on 3rd November:
    Mumbai>Pune>Satara>Karad>Kolhapur>Nipani>Sankeshwar> [Right turn to Ghadinlaj] >ajra> Savantwadi> Pedne [police Station]>Chapodem>Anjuna Beach>Baga>Candolim

Will update you about the road conditions when back. Anyone has any information about places to visit in Goa, should be kids friendly.
    1 person likes this.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Kids will enjoy the beach. One can try the boat cruise at Panjim. For shopping,food and fun for kid Caculo mall in panjim is best place.
    See my post #65 for some details.