1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Explore Goa

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by sungoa2010, Apr 8, 2012.

1. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    1,2,3 Bagmalo,4 Chapora Fort,5,7 Palolem, 6th Pic where my daughter is seen is Utorda, 7 Palolem, 8 Utorda, 9,10 Jap Garden.
    1 person likes this.
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Where is it located?
    It looks similar to Chhota Vagatore.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    It is near Marmugao. From Vasco-Da-Gama one has to continue towards west. If one see the google map(enlarged) one can see the beach near to Children's park/Japneese garden and also a shiv temple next to it. One has to take the road that pass through Deepvihar school ground road. To reach the beach one has to climbdown(10 minutes).
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Mahadev Temple at Tambdi Surla

One can get the details of the history, location and some photos from Wikipedia. Mahadev Temple, Tambdi Surla - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The temple is located in a forest area. Very peaceful place. The roads are very narrow but not bad. Other attraction is a small stream that passing next to temple. Here is one photo.
    DSC01906.jpg
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Holland beach

Holland beach is located near to Bogmolov beach. Both are the nearest beach to airport. The peculiarity of Holland beach is the when it is high tide much larger area is covered with shallow water. People come at this time for swimming. It is very safe as this part is not actually part of the sea. There are no undercurrents.
    This beach is not famous like other beaches like colva,vagator,calangute etc. There are no shops near the beach. It is a isolated beach.Here are some pictures of the beach.

DSC01714.jpg

DSC01715.jpg

This place will be filled with water during high tide
    DSC01716.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Chorla Ghat in East Goa is also a wonderful place to relax. I cannot comment on roads as I haven't visited this place. I any one had already explored this place please throw some lights. Here is the link to a resort at that place and one can fetch lot of information from that place. This place also comes in between Belgaum-Goa alternate route. Please check the road condition before exploring this way.
    Wildernest Nature Resort
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
  8. carwatcher

carwatcher

Goa
    Today, I did Chorla Ghat trip with my 2kids and my father who has come down from Jaipur.
    The road condition is absolutely fine and weather is just perfect. But as been reported in the newspapers past week, there are extremely high number of people are visiting the Ghats especially on weekends and 90% of them are drinking very heavily and make our experience little bit discomforting.
    That's why I decided not to take my wife today and I was proved right. There is not a single place where you can't find undergarments clad drunkards dancing in trance mode.
    I visited the Ghats last year with my family but the experience was far better last time.
    I won't say that the place should be avoided but in fact its a must see place in monsoons but if you want to enjoy, either go on a weekday or go mentally prepared.
    One more point to note there is absolutely no joint for Tea or snack near the Ghats so one must bring his water, snacks, etc. or may get highly disappointed.

I completely forgot to mention that total run was around 150 kms from my place and I was in dilemma as to take Fusion or T-Jet and I finally decided for T-Jet and I am glad I took the correct decision. I still can't believe what an amazing ride I had, I drove the T-Jet for the first time so long and on various kind of places i.e. Ghats, Highway, village roads, etc. and I am not exaggerating that from today I have become even more confident about the capabilities of the car and now I need not think twice before heading for any long trip.
    I am feeling blessed, touch wood.
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks for the information. It is indeed very useful information for any one thinking about that route.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    A picture of vasco-da-gamma main circle. Most of the buildings are very old.
    07072012(002).jpg