1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Expert Advise required on buying a used Punto Emo Pack

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Iluvpunto, Oct 8, 2013.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    definitely the Extended Warranty is of no use now. negotiate further quoting this as a point.
  2. ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com

ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com Amatore

Vadodara , Nashik
    Vadodara , Nashik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    These prices are too high compared to Gujarat...
    Here Active will cost 5.5 L
    Dynamic - 6.5 L
    Emotion - 7.3 L ,
  3. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

But road tax in GJ is 6% whereas it is 10% in TN.
  4. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    Any clue what was the GC for pre-2012 90hp punto. I thought its 170mm which is same asmy ritz petrol. Is that GC enough or do I need to opt for the new suspension setup paying 15k to the Service center.

Im confused. (I can afford to when TFI is there to help me with any and every query)
  5. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    Seems like all Fiatians are busy driving their mean machines. I too will get my hands on my red beauty in another week's time. Cant wait to lay my hands on her. Meanwhile I got rid of my tinny Ugly back for a good 320000 INR which is pretty good price for a three year petrol mid variant vehicle I guess.

Waiting for the bank to give a confirmation on the approval of loan in another 2-3 days.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Leave GC as it is.
    Old GC is also sufficient to run on most of the roads. If you feel, after driving your routes, you can get it changed any time.
  7. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    I would suggest you stick with the older set up as it offers a better balance between ride and handling. You do have the sump guard to bail you out even if the roads are bad occasionally, but if you regularly have to get past craters on the road then maybe you could think of going in for the new suspension setup.
  8. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai

Thanks for that. Even I thought of the same. will leave the GC as it is till it creates any serious concern for me. I read in few posts that the over hang in the front might cause the nose to scrape big humps and multi level parking areas. Is that a real matter of concern ?

- - - Merged Post - - -

Ravi sir,

Just noticed that you are from bangalore. There is a possibility that I might need to move to bangalore in a year's time. will you recommend me moving there with a TN number plate without paying tax for KA. I will be travelling back to chennai almost every weekend, so will the toll receipts save me if caught by cops ?
  9. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    The nose is where you have the sump guard and this is what takes most of the blows so I really don't think you need to be worried about that. Even with the older GC I think you should be able to avoid scrapping anything 99% of the time if you take things slowly, so worry less and enjoy your drive :D
  10. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai

Thanks Flywheel,

You relieved me of the thoughts I had of spending another 15k to order GC upgrade kit from FASS. In my area they are laying new roads probably by end of next month after rains in chennai. Once its there I will be less bothered about these things. At present its really bad and road is full of big craters filled with rain water.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2013