1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Expert Advise required on buying a used Punto Emo Pack

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Iluvpunto, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

My car might soon be up for sale for much cheaper.
    Do not pay more than 5.5 lakh for the example you've quoted.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  2. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai

Thats what even I felt. I will take it for 5.8 only if the extended warranty is there or can be taken at this point of time. I trust the machine but not the idiots in Service centers. And how much you are planning to sell it for and how many kms its done. Just for knowledge I am asking as I dont think Buying a KA vehicle and maintaining the same in TN would be trouble free.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  3. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    Hi All,

I am in the verge of striking a deal. Its a 90hp Punto with 15k on ODO and have extended warranty till end of 2015. Any clue how much will a third year insurance cost for Punto. The current idv value is 5.5 and the price he is quoting is 5.8 Still need a go ahead from experts of the forum to proceed further with peace of mind. will there be any component I need to change in 15k ?

Thanks all in advance for the valueble advise.
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  4. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    That is a sparingly used Punto I must say :)
    3 yrs and only 15K on the odo, please do check the service history of the car to make sure the odo reading is correct. Assuming it is correct please make sure the yearly services have been done at the correct intervals else your extended warranty would be invalid.
    As far are changing of components are concerned I doubt you would need to change anything other than the battery if that has not been done already. Do check the condition of the brake pads as well since there have been some people who reported them worn out as early as the 18K.
    On side note, please check if the clutch slave cylinder was changed for the car under warranty, since I recall that was done on my Punto as part of some recall.
  5. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Insurance should cost 15k-20k.
    Bargain for 20k less. 5.8 might have been ok in Bangalore (higher resale values here).
  6. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai

Hi Flywheel,

This car is Dec 2011 model so is just about to complete 2 years next month. I checked with Fiat Customer care for warranty replacements and the only two things mentioned in their database is a noise from front suspension which got fixed under warranty and latest one is missing Electric key code. Can you guys put some light on what exactly "Electric key code" mean and will that have any affect on my buying.

Thanks in advance

- - - Merged Post - - -

Will 5.5-5.6 without a renewed insurance be a good price from a buyer's perspective ? And what is the proceedure to get the Insurance changed to my name. Can that be done before RTO transfer? Why I am asking this is if I buy this car it will take minimum 2-3 months to get the Name corrected in RC. I dont want to drive without a valid insurance for that long.

Thanks in advance for your valuable comments.
  7. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

I think electric key code refers to the code (that comes on a card) that you need to produce to FASS to get a replacement key made. Not sure though.

The simplest thing to do is, get the existing owner to renew the insurance and pay him/her 5.5 + insurance cost.
  8. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai

Hi Rajan,

Are you sure about extended warranty getting void on sale of the vehicle ? The car I am looking for have an extended warranty starting from next month. so its not inbetween the extended warranty period that I am buying. Also I thought Warranty is on the car and does not get affected by change of ownership. Please confirm the same as its one of the cruicial factor for me.
  9. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    Hi Guys,

I have struck the deal. Tried negotiating hard but after seeing the beauty I could not hold much. The final price is 5.8 with renewed insurance. I have applied to transfer the loan from his name to mine. will probably get to lay hand on her with in a couple of weeks I guess.

Will missing a service cause the manufacturer warranty go void. At end of first year his car was at 7500 kms so he did not get it done and the third service was done 3 months prior to 3 year completion at 14600 kms. Could there be an issue with this if we go for any warranty claim ?
  10. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Your best bet is to ask the FASS.