1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Expert Advise required on buying a used Punto Emo Pack

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Iluvpunto, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    Hmm that makes sense. Let me go to their anna nagar showroom this week which happens to be near to my office. Another Issue I am facing is with disposing my existing car which still have 2 years of emi's leftout. True value and dealers dont see a value more than 2.75-2.9 where as I can see that the no car available in the market below 3.5-3.6 lcs. So will wait for the correct individual customer to approach me to take my car.
  2. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    Now I am leaning towards new Linea classic + model. It had ABS+EBD which I need for highway rides. And afterall its a full fledged sedan.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Thats a Great news mate.Get Linea Classic+ if you want a full fledged sedan at the price of a hatchback & it has ABS+EBD which is a safety feature on highway rides.If you buy it you will be the first TFI member to get Linea Classic+ in our forum.
  4. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai

Only thing I am worried about is it being extremely under powered. First they said they will reduce the weight for Linea Classic as its just 75 ps. But I still see the brochures reflect same 1210 kgs for Classic aswell which might over strain the already weak engine. What is the forum's take on this ?
  5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Its not under powered is what i heard.Linea Classic is same to drive like Punto 75hp.Low end torque is better than Linea 93 ps engine but mid & top end torque is not enthusiastic like Linea 93ps engine.One of our forum member had got news from a Fiat official that Fiat has reduced 100 kg's for Linea Classic.No idea who is right here,either the brochures printed are wrong or Fiat official claiming Linea Classic has 100 kg's reduced is wrong
  6. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Can you please share the Brochure where it says 1210kg for classic model, as i have not seen the weight being mentioned in the classic brochure anywhere (Brochure attached below). Also i have driven the car and it doesnt feel underpowered at all.

classic_linea.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  7. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    Guys I have managed to find a Punto 90HP 2011 model for 5.8 lcs which is driven for 14000 kms. What is your opinion about this deal. If I am not wrong all the Punto 90hp's come with a 50 months warranty as default. Will I be able to tale extended warranty if I am the secnod owner.

Please advise.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    No, you had/have to take EW as an option or in some cases the dealer would throw it in for free. Check if the owner has the EW certificate or not.

Check with FIAT helpline regarding getting EW. I don't know about it.

The car will be almost new. 14k isn't much at all. Have you test driven it?
  9. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai

Yes the drive was really good and no rattles at all. looks like its maintained well as exteriors are scratchless. but is a 2 year old car worth that much is my concern now.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    AFAIK, manufacturer's warranty is transferable if the car is sold within the warranty period, provided the manufacturer is informed within the stipulated time, about the change in ownership. However, EW is not transferable and will be void.

Rajan