1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Expert Advise required on buying a used Punto Emo Pack

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Iluvpunto, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    Hi Krismask,

Is the offer available only on Active Variant ? I was looking atleast for Dynamic or above as I dont wanna miss out on Safety features for my highway drives. And I have set my budget as 4-4.5 lcs for a full option car which had 50-60k kms. Anyways let me know the news on that so can do a re-thinking on the same.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    With 3+2 years/1,50,000 km warranty, give the Active a serious thought.

I can understand your concerns about safety features,though. But coming from cars which didn't have any safety feature, I personally tend to rely more on good driving practices than on safety aids even when driving the Linea. In 2+ years of driving I am yet to activate the ABS on any road other than full slush or gravel.

So, think it over.
  3. krismask

krismask Amatore

Chennai
    The 4.99 Lakh offer is available only for MJD Active variant . However for MJD dynamic the discount you have mentioned(50K) can be stretched another 10-15 K easily with loyalty bonus/exchange bonus with gift check. Did you try negotiating with any dealer ? Since Diwali is nearing, you can expect similar FIAT Offers .

Even I was thinking for a used car initially since my budget was limited to 4.5 - 5 Lakh. But then having owned two pre owned cars in the past, I've decided to stretch the budget a little to have peace of mind by opting for new active MJD active. Yes, safety is compromised by missing out ABS but practically I can't get everything I want in my budget right :).

Anyways buzz me if you consider buying a new Punto. All the best for your search.

4. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    Hmm food for thought. If I dont get a good used car to my full satisfaction with in a month, I will take the Diwali offer and buy a new punto (will try to push my budget for Dynamic if possible). Would you suggest taking a 2012 model car on more discounts if available. My concern is taking a car which might be more than a year old and the weather could have made some serious damage to parts while in stockyard.
  5. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    2012 make car, as long as it is still new, will have no problems at all. You will still get 3+2 years warranty.
    I know at least one TFI member who purchased car almost 2 years from date of manufacturer as 'new' and faced no issue.
    If you can bargain for great discounts, that would be juicy.
  6. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    Any clue if any dealer have 2012 make cars with some extra discount for sale ?
  7. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    Hi Limraj, Spoke to RDC Fiat and with the discounts they could give (70k Including Loyalty bonus,Corporate Discount and Cash Discount) Punto Emotion Pack comes to 7.62 lcs. As per them after all the discounts Active Variant will cost 6 - 6.1 lcs. With this I am again leaning towards used car for the moment.
  8. krismask

krismask Amatore

Chennai
    They had 2012 model until August, when I inquired for one of my friend in September they said all 2012 were sold out in Chennai. I was surprised to see you were quoted 6.1 to 6.2. For giving more clarity to you, you can avail two offers for Punto Active Diesel variant. I am not sure which offer you were quoted.

Option 1 - Offer price of 4.99 Lakh + registration + insurance + applicable taxes + accessories + extended warranty = 6-6.1 Lakh.

Option 2 - Exchange/loyal bonus + gift cheque = Rs.85000/- on the Actual OTR(Ex showroom price @ Rs.5.85 L) of Rs.6.91 Lakh.

My contact with RDC has confirmed that 5.6 - 5.7 L is possible.
  9. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    I was offered the First option I guess. To get 40k+ discount on what they already offered is too good to believe. You must be having some good contacts inside RDC.
  10. krismask

krismask Amatore

Chennai
    My only contact is the sales person I've dealt with for Punto Petrol booking. Its just that there is enough information on TFI on OTR cost's which can be sensibly used while negotiations + developing good rapport with the Sales folks will make you comfortable to negotiate hard. Just meet someone in RDC in person and negotiate, am sure you can yourself get to the levels of price indicated. You need at least need to meet them few times and have couple of round of negotiations to get the final offer. The final offer usually is not given over the phone by any dealer, they will assess your interest levels and if you they are confident that you are closer to making decision then the you will the see final offer.