1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Expert Advise required on buying a used Punto Emo Pack

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Iluvpunto, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    Hi All,

I currently drive a Japanese Ugly back() tin box and was completely bowled over when I drove my friend's Punto. Now I dont feel like getting in to my petrol hearted tin box which never entertains me for more than 10-12 kms per 76 rs spent. since my running had increased recently I am looking at a diesel hatch which makes more sense to the pocket in current scenario. Even though I love the Italian beauty, I dont have enough resource to afford a new Emo pack which costs 7.4 Onroad chennai which will leave a burden of 12k+ Emi on my head for next 5 years.

The decision of buying a Used fully loaded punto with in a budget of 3-4.5 lcs was taken as the end result of above context. I am looking for Punto Emo pack which has done something with in 50-60k kms knowing that a well maintained MJD's are good for 1.5 Lcs + kms. I hereby seek your expert advise and suggestions on buying a Fully loaded punto.
    I would be keen on knowing the life of below components in a punto(I know it depends on the driving style of individuals, still ...)

Tyres -
    Clutch Plates -
    Suspension -
    AC Gas -

Thanks in advance for your help. Hope to get maximum help and to be one among you soon
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Any chance you can stretch the budget to a new Punto Active Multijet ? How much is the Active's OTR in Chennai.

I would suggest you read through various ownership threads on TFI. You'll get to know the overall picture regarding running costs.

A rough estimate for probable repairs @ 40-50K depends on how the car was used. It might need nothing or it might need quite a few things. All depends on how the car was used.

Cheers.
  3. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    Since I use it for few highway rides I want the safety features to be there. Active Variant is a no-no as it doesn't even have ABS. could have thought of Dynamic, but the On Road price difference between dynamic and Active is huge.

Punto Active - 6,70,695 - Discounts 50k. Cost to the pocket - 620695

Dynamic - 7,45,954 - Discounts 50k. Cost to the Pocket - 695954

Emotion - 8,17,651 - Discounts 60k. Cost to the Pocket - 757651

but when a loan is taken on these amounts I end up paying close to 9-10 lakhs at the end of 5 years.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Although an used Punto would have suited you better, but bear in mind it will be difficult to get a well maintained Punto under 50K kms. Also Emotion pack variant with low runnung would cost more than your mentioned budget. Like you even I started with an used car in mind but realized that few rupees saved now will eventually square off as the days go by with the maintenance cost. Hence opted for a new Punto.

Regarding the components you mentioned - Tyres would last for 35-40K kms if used not used on broken roads, Clutch plates would easily last 30K , Suspensions again depending upon the roads driven, AC gas -I am surprised at this one. All in all as you yourselves said, it all depends upon how one uses the car.
  5. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    Today in OLx I came across an AD for a 90 bhp punto of 2011 make which has done about 14000 kms for 6.4 lcs. What would be the best price from a buyer's perspective for a car like this. There are lot of used MJD Punto's for sale in chennai starting from 2.8 lcs for 70k kms done active variant to 7 lcs for a 90hp 2012 model with 21000 on the odo.

I have come across a good 2010 model EMO pack for which he is ready to strike a deal for 4 lcs and seems to be decently maintained from outside. will I be able to get the complete service records if I contact any Fiat dealer here in chennai ? I mean is the data stored centrally and is easily retrievable ?
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    data is stored centrally and is easily retrievable. dealer sc will give that data to you or not is the question. Try and request them politely.

also get the insurance details and try to get the information about any claims that might have been made.
  7. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks for that info shams. will check the insurance aswell. he said that the IDV value of the vehicle is 3.5 lcs is that fair for a 2010 model EMO Pack ?
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    It seems a little less but that should not be too much of a worry as some insurers provide flexibility to increase/decrease the IDV (post depreciation) by a small percentage while renewal.

Assumptions:
    1. ex showroom price of car in 2010 = 6.5 lacs
    2. he has already renewed insurance this year
    3. depreciation of 15% per year starting from 6.5 lacs

Based on the above assumptions, the IDV should be =3.9918125 lacs
  9. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai

The Owner said that he reduced the IDV value to pay less insurance premium. will see his NCB history to get more details. He said it was renewed this year and next renewal only in the 2 quarter of 2014
  10. krismask

krismask Amatore

Chennai
    Hi Iluvpunto, just wanted to highlight that the Punto 1.3 MJD Active OTR cost in Chennai can be worked between 5.60-5.70 Lakh depending on negotiations. Punto MJD Active is on offer price @ 4.99 Lakh ex-showroom. I will be taking delivery this month. One of the other TFI member from Chennai has also expressed interest in group booking since we could bargain hard if we book together. Other TFI member is planning to take delivery by next month. If you are interested, please PM me and we could try negotiate for 5.6 Lakh or less for new Punto MJD Active.