1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Expected RPM for 100 km/hr speed

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by rahulvfx, Jun 13, 2014.

1. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    Recently I have being facing pull deficiency of my car. Previously it was very easy.

I have to push the RPM to over 4.5k at fifth gear to get a speed of 100km/hr or above.... That's without AC ON... Previously as per as I remembered it used reach 100km/hr below 3.5k RPM (without AC)...
    The mileage of the car is 15k. I flagged the problem to FASS, but according to them, for 1.2 engine it's like that only... If I switch ON the AC, it's almost hard or not possible to cross that speed bar...
    I normally have a habit of increasing gears within 2-2.5K RPM, then on fifth if I really want to increase the speed, I just accel more ...

What might be the cause of this pull deficiency? Or it's true for 1.2 engine ?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions ...
  2. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    Don't know about the 1.2 engine, but 4.5k for 100 kph seems awful. In my Linea (1.4 engine), I can get to 100 kph at a tad above 3k. Maybe some 1.2 owners can shed more light.

Most probably it's a slip in your clutch. I suggest get it checked at an independent garage.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It might have to do with clutch. Also please check the handbrake functioning, alongwith engine related issues on the scanner.
  4. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    Handbrake functioning, you mean to say to check if it is properly getting unlock from handbrake?
    Now for clutch, I ran only 15K .. is there a chance for clutch slip ?
  5. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    Normally it shouldn't happen so early, but you can never tell.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    A complete checkup is necessary. If the behavior is weird and unexplained a thorough checkup and diagnosis is needed. Please take multiple opinions in case.

:p heartsent for our mutual benefit .. !
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Multiple service centers I mean.

:p heartsent for our mutual benefit .. !
  8. kiranrv

kiranrv Amatore

Chennai
    I own a Punto 1.2 Dynamic,
    Did 5300 kms-2 months old, It was in-between 3.5k-4.k for 100 km/hr with AC on might be better for others:confused
  9. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR
    For the punto 1.2 at 5th gear, clutch fully engaged, and there is absolutely no clutch slip i.e intact clutch, and foot off clutch: 2000 rpm = 60kmph, 3000 rpm = 90kmph...formula for 5th gear speed in kmph = rpm x 3/100. So 2000 rpm = 60kmph. And AC run or no run, makes no difference to this formula. 2000 rpm = 60kmph with or without ac! If rpm is more, clutch is slipping or has started to wear off!
  10. Pheonix

Pheonix Timido

Chennai

The 1.2 engine is relativly much less powerful than multijet, still 4500 rpm for 100 kmph is bad seems to be something not right.
    Try replacing air filter, still no change then get ECU checked using examinar at fiat service.