1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Exotica Red Punto Active ICED

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by gopscreative, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    so what u wanna say is in the JVC, no matter right/left what u select it remains the same as the distance interchanges??? the sound remains centered be it right or left aligned, that means if I set it to right and sit on the right side the stage will be centered and when I sit to the left and change it to left the sound will be centered again, is that what u trying to tell ???

then what is the right/left/all TA for my friend???

even the P80 takes the position of the mic as reference so u can place it towards ur right/left ear or straight on the forehead
    and what happens is when I put it right and sit on the right the sound comes to my face then when I move it to all it gets centered(centre of the dash) and then to left the sound stages shifts to the left.
    so I suppose thats how the TA works be it manual or auto.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    yes when you select the default setting its centered.

however you can change the settings manually to have the sound right on your face when you are sitting in the drivers seat. same can be done towards left.

yes i have seen a similar tuning using the mic on the DSP. the mic needs to be put on the left ear, then centre , then right.

when you put the mic on just left of your ear while sitting in drivers side you feel the sound coming at ur face but a bit centered.

this is what happens when default is selected on JVC. move it further and the sound shifts more to drivers side as per your taste.

i increased the left speaker dist and now i feel as is the sound is coming from above the steering.

however while driving i am liking it centered.

also when all is selected it sounds as if its centered in the car and i feel sound towards rear of my left ear. i know it works kind of different, look at the diagram below from the manual

by the way what was the price of P80 when you got it? the latest model is P99RS right?
    CD-TimeAlignment.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  3. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    comments up there

anyways my JVC will probably come by monday so lets see how things transpire
  4. Italia-Linea

Pune

i would wait for you to audition the JVC that you have ordered and i am expecting that you keep in mind its price and features and its SQ before comparing it with P99RS/ other high end units :)
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Please read my previous comments I have mentioned of comparing it with p80 and not any other HU.

Besides with which other HU's .wav format sound have u compared the jvc with???
  6. Italia-Linea

Pune
    i auditioned kenwood 8016BT (which doesnt play .wav file ) and KIV700 which plays .wav file but has no CD player and costs 23000rs.

the KIV plays exactly the same as this JVC unit. obviously it would as kenwood and JVC are one and the same company now and share the same components, mainly TI/Burr Brown DAC, DSP etc etc.

JVC plays .wav thru USB directly. the P80 doesnt have USB at all right? it needs some adapter.

thats what i am saying comparing 22k P80 HU with 11.6k JVC !!

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

the best thing i find about p80 is its active capabilities. there was one in classified to grab. but then i again wanted bluetooth, application mode etc etc.

i now can just hook my android/ ipad etc on the windshield and the application mode in this head unit controls all the functions of the ipad/ ipod/ i phone etc.

it changes tracks, browses folders, and uses its own DAC to play very high quality music directly thru bluetooth.

so overall its quite a solid unit in given price
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  7. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    @Phew - I've been reading your comments since the time the discussion on JVC KDR 926BT started. I couldnt help notice your apparent hatred towards it. While the real reasons would be best known to you only, I'm surprised why you are simply refusing to accept the fact that a JVC HU can have good SQ, features and looks!
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The unit might be solid but do note how long back the p80 came into the market, as time advances so does technology.

at the given price point yes the jvc is good, and since no other HU falls in the same price band, no comparison can be drawn either right???

But what u have done is compared the 8016, so y not compare the p80(19k INR) too then, either done compare the two u did or if u do wanna compare then y keep bringing the price in, if its that good then it should overshadow the others be it expensive or cheap.
    Since the next HU that plays .wav files is the p80 only(below 20k), then y not compare it, after all u need some other HU aswell to reach a conclusion in a comparison.

And if u say that at 11600/- no other HU's give these many features, then yes that is the fact whether I like it or not, but then that does not certify the fact that it plays better .wav files as for that conclusion u need to do a comparison with another hu which plays .wav, be it kenwood/pio/alpine or any other.

And at the end everyone has different listening tastes so reviews can differ.

Guess lets just put it on hold till monday and see what I find out between the two.

Can the jvc sound better than the p80 in .wav format or not.

Price to feature ratio = jvc winner
  9. Italia-Linea

Pune
    i told you many times. this is the same unit as kenwood because they are from the same company (kenwood JVC corporation)
    but kenwood has placed it unit up the price range. the X7016 costs 12k and x8016 which is same x7016+bt at 18k.

i mentioned kiv700 and 8016 because u asked me which did i compare to before buying this one. JVC plays similar to this and so is good. i dint even compare jvc with these because JVC wins hands-down with these 20k units.

i dint have any source to compare p80 so i dint, and why should i compare a 11600rs unit which plays .wav file, has TA, bluetooth, application mode, 1000 color illumination , dual usb, 5Volt gold plated 3 rca pairs and more to a 20k unit which does not have this feature which i dont intend to buy?

i am not still able to understand why you want to compare your P80 with JVC ?
    if you are happy with your p80 why are ordering a JVC?

people like me who want a very good SQ and features in price so good have a very good option in form of JVC926BT
    Kenwood (JVC) burr brown dacs and DSP are well known for better SQ - non bright ones than pioneers. all the ICE experts stand by kenwood for this.

JVC which has same components as Kenwood is no brainer that it cant be good :)
    1 person likes this.
  10. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    @Phew - Exactly my point. You have been trying to beat the pants out of this JVC HU from Day 1. But it seems you too are ordering the same piece. Why then?

And why cant a JVC be good? I mean why is it necessary that only a P80/99 can be the ONLY good HU under 20k?

I picked up the Clarion DXZ785USB in a bargain sale for USD 130. Beat that. (6v gold plated RCAs, Time Alignment, 24 bit Burr Brown D/A et al).

At THAT PRICE POINT, even till date it beats the sh** out of most HUs. But then again, it's an individual's budget and preferences. Of course everyone wishes to own an Audi but in reality not all can afford it. But if one gets those features in their price bracket, why shouldnt one buy and rejoice?