1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Exotica Red Punto Active ICED

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by gopscreative, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    ^^ make the display type negative.. it looks good. the black back ground of screen looks bad.
  2. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    Well I keep changing the display buddy. Lot of options to try out. By the way did you play with TA, I haven't played much.What settings you are using?
  3. Italia-Linea

Pune
    yes i have perfectly aligned the speakers.

Select car type sedan-M. listening position to the driver.

Front Left : 140cms Front right : 100 cms
    Rear Left : 140cms Rear Right : 85 cms

Subwoofer : 170cms.

you feel the sound exactly coming from front and centre of the dash. its just amazing listening position.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Contradiction perhapes

U have selected the M position right ??? and thats towards the driver as u mentioned and then ur saying the sounds comin from the centre of the dash, how come :confused: :confused:

Or are u just telling that selecting it to M position will set it to the driver side.
  5. Italia-Linea

Pune
    no M is not a position :uh

Sedan type is M (medium)

there is another type Sedan L (large)
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ok then u said listening position to driver, then how come sound stage is forming at the centre.

My question is

Have u set it to driving position??? if yes then how come the sounds coming from the centre of the dash???
  7. Italia-Linea

Pune
    that is what TA !! you delay the speakers in such a way that you feel the sound is from the front. now the seat is offset and so are your ears.

when u select front all, then the speaker seems to be offset as there is no delay. when you select front driver then sound shifts to a centre stage by delaying the front right speaker.
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    and when u select front passenger side/left side than where does it go ???

TA is not what ur mentioning here

front all moves the sound to a stage where both sides seats get the feeling that is sound is coming from the centre and the left/right move it to the respective sides.

not for nothing did I use a Pioneer P80 for 3 years that too with auto TA/EQ in active u know :), and ones ears can never be as accurate as a MIC for detecting TA
  9. Have you guys done connections to Steering controls. Amit what about Blue&Me? Is it history now?
  10. Italia-Linea

Pune
    AUTO TA/EQ is obviously a boon. MIC setting is accurate when it comes to the preset algorithms. but when it comes to personal listening tastes i.e what sounds good to individual then manual settings are the best.

for example i like the sound more towards my left ear and one my like it towards right ear. some might like directly towards face, some like to hear from back.

in most of the head units the TA is based on reference to one speaker that is termed at 0" fix. so others are set around this base point.

in JVC the seating location is reference. So when i select front passenger seat again he feels its centered but i dont feel its centered when i sit in drivers seat.

as soon as you flip the distances flip too, so left becomes 100 and right 145. effect remains same only suiting to hearing position.